·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Gorgeous :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
well in my imagination anyway lol :mrgreen:

looking forward to more pics of the car in daylight :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Some of the colours work well in a warm country, like white or even bright silver....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tell said:
Some of the colours work well in a warm country, like white or even bright silver....
Most people choose white, silver and black here, just like anywhere else, I guess. But of course there are many reds and blues.

White was never meant to be my preference actually. It was my only option regarding the specs. IMO, white does not the reflect the contours of any car.
For Ateca, I would go for a Samoa Orange, Lava blue or Reflex Silver.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Tell said:
Yeah the silver looks crap when parked on an overcast council estate..

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
You are probably right. When I finally get mine I will post a picture of it glowing in the Spanish sun with the Mediterranean Sea as a background!

They don't really do council estates here and if they do, the sun still shines!

Seriously though, the metallic colours do change depending on the light. I really wanted the Orange as it looks good in the brightly lit photos. Unfortunately I did not get the chance to see it in the flesh so I backed off.

When I first saw the silver it looked almost white in sunlight. It seems even brighter than my silver Leon. I can't be sure that it is a different colour but the paint code is different.

For Saggy's benefit, perhaps I should now refer to it as Geriatric Silver. It does, at least, match my aluminium Zimmer frame.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Fred99 said:
You are probably right. When I finally get mine I will post a picture of it glowing in the Spanish sun with the Mediterranean Sea as a background!

They don't really do council estates here and if they do, the sun still shines!

Seriously though, the metallic colours do change depending on the light. I really wanted the Orange as it looks good in the brightly lit photos. Unfortunately I did not get the chance to see it in the flesh so I backed off.

When I first saw the silver it looked almost white in sunlight. It seems even brighter than my silver Leon. I can't be sure that it is a different colour but the paint code is different.

For Saggy's benefit, perhaps I should now refer to it as Geriatric Silver. It does, at least, match my aluminium Zimmer frame.
Shouldn't it be Zimmer Silver then, Fred? :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Ghiggz said:
Tell said:
Yeah the silver looks crap when parked on an overcast council estate..
:lol:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
mcderms said:
Nice ring to that. I prefer the Spanish. "Pensionista Plata" :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Fred99 said:
mcderms said:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
Fred99 said:
mcderms said:
I'd be careful about the spelling of that, if I were you! Autocorrect could wreak havoc with that :lol: :lol:

Besides, my Spanish is limited, but at least I can speak French......well, un petit peu !

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Luckily my Apple iPad (once setup for it) handles spellcheck in Spanish and English at the same time, otherwise, you're right, it could be tricky!

The wonders of technology!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts