Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been following the ateca forum with interest over several weeks now and feel as lf I know a few of you quite well enough to join in . Order 1.4 excellence in midnight black on Nov 1st and received a build date mid December, so counting down the weeks now :D Still yet to see one on the road and thought I was going to be the only taff driving one around the vallies, but looks like their starting to arrive now and even Tell is bringing one across the bridge :lol: Saggy how about Rebecca the Area when you name her on Friday, think that's enough for now folks, nos dar. :roll:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hi and Welcome Taffy :D

I'm glad the foolishness and banter didn't scare you away :)

Bore da if you don't read this till the morning ;)

Kindness71 actually suggested Rebecca before but much as I love it I have a niece called that and it could get confusing if I say I buffed Rebecca's headlights :shock:

I think I am going to go with Sally the Seat (you win Dougie)
The reason being Sally used to be used as nickname for Sara so it fits for 2 reasons

(My Sara is said like Sarah)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Those valleys and coastlines invite. I did see a lot of blue cars in Wales earlier in the year and thought I might have ordered the wrong colour, perhaps Lava Blue would have been more suiting. Welsh red seems out of fashion these days, just as well Saggy is not moving there. I've probably got a towny colour and the number plates will give away the area. The partner has a collection of Essex Police cones which we plan to bring so if there are any parking issues outside the property, out will come the Essex Police cones :). It will be Little England beyond the valleys where one will move to, let you work that out.

You do meet English people who live there saying "you can't park here". Anybody would think they still lived in, well a place in London where I use to get lippy people when I parked in front of councils houses when I couldn't get parked in the offices I was visiting, their little claimed bit of road outside the house that they don't own - they were not houses - tenements. So the escape from lippy people and overcrowding may not be achieved. I'm monitoring the roll out of Welsh rural broadband. Afraid I'm on 220 / 13 at the minute and desirable places broadband crawls although there are decent speeds coming along, but BT is so unreliable, TalkTalk give away your personal details... Virgin aren't there. Think PlusNet are the only contenders using OpenReach. I want Irish TV an Radio as well since I thought it was fun when I was a kid in Wales.

Sally the Seat isn't butch enough for the Ateca !. Mine is called by it's name, the Ateca :).

Dah. I had that issue with trying to lock the car at a petrol station to pay today, it wouldn't lock, no silly me the keys were in my coat pocket on the back seat.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell

you leave me speechless at times :shock:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Don't worry Sally will play tricks on you.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tell said:
I did see a lot of blue cars in Wales earlier in the year and thought I might have ordered the wrong colour, perhaps Lava Blue would have been more suiting. Welsh red seems out of fashion these days, just as well Saggy is not moving there. The partner has a collection of Essex Police cones which we plan to bring so if there are any parking issues outside the property, out will come the Essex Police cones :).

Sally the Seat isn't butch enough for the Ateca !. Mine is called by it's name, the Ateca :).
Im at a loss to know what to say young man! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
Tell

you leave me speechless at times :shock:
Me too - it's like a game of "word association" on steroids :lol: One thing's for sure, we defo know what Tell is thinking, even if we don't fully understand or know why :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
You won't be on the only one with an Ateca. I live in Cardiff and have mine arriving on Monday :p Not wanting to wish my life away, but I cant wait til Monday.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Happy days, when did you put your order in and did they give you a build date as I been given mid December build date order in november1st.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
It sounds like you may have picked up a cancelled order. I ordered at the end of August and don't expect delivery before mid February.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Fred99 said:
It sounds like you may have picked up a cancelled order. I ordered at the end of August and don't expect delivery before mid February.
Give customer services another ring Fred as it looks like they have found some engines from somewhere. Just posted in other thread that mine has been brought forward about 3 months :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Good news, I had been thinking that you had been left out of the fun.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got mine ordered through work as a company car. Put the order in on 31st October. So either mine was already in stock and built or I have just been very lucky.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Give customer services another ring Fred as it looks like they have found some engines from somewhere. Just posted in other thread that mine has been brought forward about 3 months :lol:
Just emailed my dealer - hopefully will get an update in the morning.

·
Registered
581 Posts
RedLeaf92 said:
You won't be on the only one with an Ateca. I live in Cardiff and have mine arriving on Monday :p Not wanting to wish my life away, but I cant wait til Monday.
I'm in the Diff too... And spaceonwhite
we'll have to start a local chapter lol!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Best if I stay tucked away up the valleys till mine arrives, only going to be jealous if I see yours down the big city.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
shame this board is silent ~ love a Welsh accent

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
the Ateca Welsh Choir

:lol:

there you go Gents ............ an idea for you ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.