Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not seen this listed on another other place.

https://www.netcarshow.com/seat/2018-ateca_fr/

"The Ateca FR adds yet another level of excitement to our first SUV. The agile and precise handling that the Ateca offers is reinforced with a touch of dynamism and fun at the wheel that the FR trim adds for example with the DCC and the progressive steering" commented Dr. Matthias Rabe, Vice-President of R&D at SEAT. "It's a sportiness that adds to all the technology the Ateca has onboard."
but more interestingly so new engines. Which hopefully the UK will get.

A new 2.0 TSI 190PS engine will also be available in the Ateca range. The FR version now will comprise EU6 petrol and diesel engines ranging from 150PS to 190PS combined with manual or DSG transmissions, and also four wheel drive option. DCC and progressive steering are also available.

·
Administrator
222 Posts
Here is the full press release:

SEAT LAUNCHES SPORTY FR ON HIGH-SELLING ATECA

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Fun at the wheel, luxury and refinement, combined with a stylish and sporty character - SEAT has unveiled the Ateca FR. The latest addition to the brand's high-selling SUV range will take to the stage at the Barcelona International Motor Show, AUTOMOBILE BARCELONA, from the 11th to 21st May 2017.

The Spanish manufacturer is in the midst of its largest ever product offensive, which has also seen the launch of the Ateca itself, New Leon and All-New Ibiza and soon, in the second half of the year, the new crossover, Arona.

The sporty FR trim has been added to the current UK Ateca range which consists of S, SE and SE Technology, and will sit just below the halo XCELLENCE versions. Since its launch, SEAT has sold more than 40,000 units of the smash-hit Ateca worldwide. This model, alongside the success of the Leon, Alhambra and Ibiza, contributed to SEAT achieving an operating profit of 143 million euros in 2016, the highest in the company's history, and to finishing the year with its fourth consecutive annual sales increase.

"The Ateca FR adds yet another level of excitement to our first SUV. The agile and precise handling of Ateca is reinforced with a touch of dynamism and fun at the wheel, with the FR trim adding for example Dynamic Chassis Control and progressive steering" commented Dr. Matthias Rabe, Vice-President of R&D at SEAT. "It's a sportiness that adds to all the technology the Ateca has onboard."

The Ateca FR stands out through exclusive 18-inch 'Performance' alloy wheels (19-inch machined optional), combined with body coloured wheelarches and side skirts that come with an aluminium moulding running along the lower section of the doors. The rear window is framed by black spoilers, with the rear spoiler matching the car's bodywork colour. The rear bumpers are also exclusively designed for the FR and also come in the same hue as the bodywork. Typical FR logos also appear front and rear, plus, roof rails and window frames in black. Up close, the grille comes in gloss black, while its LED front fog lights have also received an exclusive FR design treatment.

Inside, the aluminium door strips complete with FR logo are immediately noticeable as soon as the front doors are opened. The logo can also be found on the multi-function, leather sports steering wheel covered, with gloss black insert. Sporty cabin touches come by way of standard sports seats in Alcantara® (leather is optionl) and the aluminium pedals. Red stitching on the steering wheel, seats and gear lever gaiter, enhance the sporty character of the SEAT Ateca FR still further. At the same time, there are elegant details in black that give a luxurious touch to the interior, such as the roof and interior door mouldings, which also come with an exclusive FR finish.

The FR trim level will comprise a range of EU6 petrol and diesel engines, ranging in power from 150PS to 190PS, including a new 2.0 TSI 190 unit. A range of manual and DSG-auto transmissions feature. Four-wheel-drive will be available on both 2.0 TDI engines, plus, the new 2.0 TSI. DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control) and progressive steering will also be available.

UK pricing and specification for the Ateca FR line-up will be confirmed closer to launch this summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Wow & bugger would have had the 2.0 TSI :D and :(

·
Registered
188 Posts
First impressions: like the body colour trim, hate the alloys; only 190PS? What's wrong with putting the Cupra lump in there? And why oh why show the sporty model with a DSG gearbox?

Make mine a 4Drive Cupra with the 300PS engine, manual gears and some decent multispoke alloys please!

(yes, I know I'm being difficult and ungrateful...)

·
Administrator
222 Posts
PaulT00 said:
First impressions: like the body colour trim, hate the alloys; only 190PS? What's wrong with putting the Cupra lump in there? And why oh why show the sporty model with a DSG gearbox?

Make mine a 4Drive Cupra with the 300PS engine, manual gears and some decent multispoke alloys please!

(yes, I know I'm being difficult and ungrateful...)
Sure the Cupra will come next, it's been testing for a while now: http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=284

·
Registered
283 Posts
Is it my imagination or are those leather seats nicer looking than the Xcellence models?

May be tempted to switch when the Cupra comes along.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interesting that the photos show that the FR still has the older style VAG radio ( the two knobs either side of the screen). Compare with the new Golf which has the latest set up - everything is touch screen. Clearly Seat is having to wait a long time for the latest VAG tech. Surely rather than introducing new variants Seat would do better to fulfil more quickly orders they have - based upon the delays being experienced by other members on various topics on this site.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Adaptive suspension - very, very disappointing that this wasn't an option on the Xcellence. A bit frustrating that within a year of me spending near on £25k on the car, all of the options I would have chosen have suddenly appeared.

·
Registered
158 Posts
And thats why they didnt offer spoiler extra for any current packages. They didnt offer also same colored side skirts for current orders.

Shame that spoiler is for new version only.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It's almost like a facelift - after a year....

It's not on to be honest with you and things like this will put me off buying from Seat again.

·
Registered
286 Posts
David_S said:
Adaptive suspension - very, very disappointing that this wasn't an option on the Xcellence. A bit frustrating that within a year of me spending near on £25k on the car, all of the options I would have chosen have suddenly appeared.
I was worried SEAT might have an Fr in the pipeline! I cant quite sum up my dissapointment in having just forked out for excellence when the better lookong Fr model has now materialised, I feel robbed! :(
If there had been reports suggestion it was in the works I would have waited, but only romours were for a cupra model and an x-perience off roader. It looks like its getting the Leon colours as well with Passion red in the photos :(

Looks like I wont be keeping the Excellence very long after all, I can see a trade in on the horizon...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Uggzy2014 said:
David_S said:
I was worried SEAT might have an Fr in the pipeline! I cant quite sum up my dissapointment in having just forked out for excellence when the better lookong Fr model has now materialised, I feel robbed! :(
If there had been reports suggestion it was in the works I would have waited, but only romours were for a cupra model and an x-perience off roader. It looks like its getting the Leon colours as well with Passion red in the photos :(

Looks like I wont be keeping the Excellence very long after all, I can see a trade in on the horizon...
Yeah I'm not happy with this at all. If I'd have known they were releasing a model with adaptive suspension, a more powerful petrol engine and DSG I would have definitely waited.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Look at it this way: although the press release talks about launch this summer, practically speaking given the insane delays and frankly rude lead times on current models it will be Q2/2018 before anyone actually sees one of these to drive away in. At least you have something quite nice to drive around in until then...

(I can see us upgrading to the Cupra model in a couple of years... the finance deal on the current TDI190 Xcellence is over 4 years; if we're lucky there might be actual cars available by then!)

·
Registered
286 Posts
PaulT00 said:
Look at it this way: although the press release talks about launch this summer, practically speaking given the insane delays and frankly rude lead times on current models it will be Q2/2018 before anyone actually sees one of these to drive away in. At least you have something quite nice to drive around in until then...

(I can see us upgrading to the Cupra model in a couple of years... the finance deal on the current TDI190 Xcellence is over 4 years; if we're lucky there might be actual cars available by then!)
Thats what I'm thinking in terms of when it will hit the streets, will probably look at changing in two years time if possible.

That said, could this be the reason that the current models are experiencing delays? Due to re-tooling the factories to build the new models and engines?
Would explain a lot, surely SEAT must have a plan for bringing down the lead times if they don't want to damage their brand reputation any further, especially considering they still have 3 new cars to launch... ibiza, Arona & the 7 seat Ateca spinoff kodiaq rival.

The gloss plastics on Fr are a kick in the teeth... whats the point in calling it 'Excellence' trim if it has inferior materials to the Fr? Makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The interior pics of the FR also look like the seats will be leather/alcantara; which might go some way to explain why the UK never got the alcantara option!

·
Registered
328 Posts
PaulT00 said:
The interior pics of the FR also look like the seats will be leather/alcantara; which might go some way to explain why the UK never got the alcantara option!
Tell will be even more gutted than me :lol:

·
Registered
286 Posts
PaulT00 said:
It's as if SEAT have been reading the forum and taken note of all the little complaints we have been moaning about and fixed it with the Fr... leatherette/alcantara combination seats, gloss plastics, body coloured bumpers, a spoiler, better choice of colours... the only problem being that we have already placed our orders! :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can anyone see from the pictures if the rear door desgin fault has been carried over on to the FR. I'm looking at the 5th picture down on the full press release.

·
Registered
118 Posts
David_S said:
hhhmmm
Add another £10k to get what I spent. Would have had dcc....

·
Registered
778 Posts
alanl said:
Can anyone see from the pictures if the rear door desgin fault has been carried over on to the FR. I'm looking at the 5th picture down on the full press release.
Looks like the rear door sill design is the same as all other Atecas.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts