Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i'm Ricardo from Protugal, 38 yo and i work in Angola. I'll be back to Portugal and December 2016. I'll be a new Ateca owner in March 2017.
I choose Ateca 1.4Tsi DSG ACT 150HP, Mato Brown, 18" Perfomance 38/2 wheel, black leather and winter pack, park assist, top view camera, navigation system plus, advance driving assist pack, connectivity box and electric tail gate and virtual pedal. I choos extended warranty for more 3 years or 100.000km.

I hope my Ateca become always very "healthy" :)

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Welcome Ricardo.

You can now join the exclusive club of Ateca owners who have the 1.4 Tsi DSG on order!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm joining right now!
The seller tell me 10 weeks until delivery.
I want to know more and more about the car and the motor. It will be my fisrt DSG car and my second Seat. Last year i bought a Seat leon ST 2.0 TDI FR 150HP, and i sold it last month to buy the new Ateca.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I have the Leon 1.4Tsi and love it. I tested both the Tsi and the Tdi and the petrol version was much livelier, although it may use a little more fuel. It handles almost as well as the Leon and far better than most similar cars. The only criticism of the Tsi is that it doesn't have as much torque as the Tdi and has to be worked through the gears a bit harder, but with the DSG gearbox, you just put it in Sport mode and it really flies! Also, if you use the steering wheel paddles you can drive it as hard as you like without even having to select manual mode.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I can vouch for the VW DSG gearbox is has never let me down in 12 years. Your car Ricardo can't be ordered in the UK since Seat decided not to offer a petrol DSG. The TDI150 2WD were withdrawn due to no Adblue feature before launch, so the only DSG is the 190 TDI in the UK, which I had ordered and was going to irrespective.

The Ateca is a nice car and drives like my old Altea. I love the 360 camera which allows me to get up close to the curb so I don't get side swiped when parked. Love the front sensors which give me feed back on narrow roads when passing cars coming the other way. I was impressed with Lane Assist. Love the speed sign reading camera and integration although I've downloaded speed cameras, so I've got checks on the speed built into digital maps, signposts read and camera alerts. Your spec is similar to mine accept mine is the 190TDI engine and the factory forgot to build in the connectivity box which should have been standard. I did work out Freddie's power to weight ratio and found I had more :)... although I did find I'd got a 40 percent increase from my old Altea DSG to this one. I haven't tried out the other features yet, rationing myself.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I've driven various VAG vehicles with DSG over the last 6 years and I'm hooked

I said for years I would never go that way. Lazy, less control in adverse weather conditions, not as much fun blah blah
then I drove one and the rest is history......

You can still floor it and fly past others and have fun and as Fred says, the flappy paddles are there if you want ~ you'll probably find you rarely touch them though as how you use your accelerator can get you the same results

Not had any technical issues with them but I would recommend you do have the DSG oil changed in it though when it comes due as that is a lot less expensive than issues down the line. not an area to skimp in my opinion

welcome to the forum :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.