Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just did a deal today to trade my Mk1 VW Tiguan for an Ateca - 2017, 190Tdi DSG 4Drive Xellence, pretty much a fully loaded spec and with leather seats.

Tig is only a year older but the drivers seat on that generation is a a slight angle for some reason and it was doing my back in big time. I tow a caravan and the Tig was a great towcar (apart from the back ache!). The Ateca is very similar mechanically but bit lighter and I have read many of good reports on them as Tow cars so looking forward to my first tow.

To be honest I started out looking for a Mk 2 Tig but found the Ateca with a fitted tow bar fairly locally and £2-3K less than a similarly specced Tiguan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Slider . . . . must admit i was looking at the Tiguan as a replacement for my Freelander, but a simple thing swayed me, the Ateca looks better to me, I prefer that 'angle' on the rear side windows, looks better, I think the different shaped wheel arches look better, Tiguan is more rounded, I think the back end (ooh err missus) looks better as well as the front grille area, so much so that i parked next to one in Dent in Cumbria the other week just to embarass the driver . . .
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts