Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Conversely I always (because I have disproportionatley long thighs) have to pull the steering wheel as far out as it will go, and adjust it as low as I can and still see the top of the instruments. Horses for courses.

·
Registered
418 Posts
qntrix said:
I was actually happy, but noticed that as I raise the seat, i need to come forward to reach the wheel.
I know this is an old thread but I must try this in the Ateca - in our Tiguan the seat moves forward as you raise it, and away as it lowers, as if it's moving on a diagonal. It's enough movement that although I'm (just) 6ft and wife is 5'4" we never have to do anything other than raise or lower the seat when each of us drives.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I find the driving position good and the leather seats in the Xcellence excellent.

My previous car was a 15 plate Ford focus titanium x with part leather electric seats. Probably the most uncomfortable seats I've had in a car for a couple of decades. Back pain after 30 mins behind the wheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with almost all cars. When I pull the seat back for comfortable legs I can’t reach the steering wheel properly, even when it’s fully extended. I actually found the Ateca better than the Tiguan in this respect as the Tiguan has very limited steering wheel reach adjustment.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts