Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, ordered my new Ateca last week (see below) and I'm now following this very useful Forum with great interest. Looking forward to taking ownership of the vehicle in July but, given all the previous comments, I'm sure that some patience/flexibility might be required!! But after having finally taken the plunge after a few months deliberation, I'm in no great rush - so just looking forward to driving the beauty whenever she becomes available. But the sooner the better I suppose!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome Bossdarbo :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice spec,

You'll have to come to the forum for your daily fix, but the wait will be worth it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome Bossdarbo, you will enjoy when the ateca does arrive and the wait will definitely be worth it . Great choice of color by the way she looks great in black, can't stop staring myself. :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
SEAT ATECA XCELLENCE 2.0 TDI 4Drive 150PS Manual
Reflex Silver/ 19 inch Exclusive Alloys / Drive Assistance Pack
Park Assist / Top View Camera
Towbar with hook

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your welcomes and comments - roll on July!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Bossdarbo said:
Thanks for your welcomes and comments - roll on July!!
Yep, welcome and 14-16 weeks sounds about right. But you can also look at it this way - if you are unfortunate enough to get delayed to mid-late August then you could hold off registration for the new '67 plates in Sept! :roll:

(I'd prefer my new toy now though! - Early June, hopefully)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Latest update from broker today, car still due in for 17th July with delivery 7-10 days afterwards - so basically broadly on-track with what was said when I placed the order at the end of March. I have not got into the detail of build weeks etc but no surprise, given comments elsewhere on the forum, that they're still saying that this could move forwards or backwards!! So things are looking promising (famous last words!!) and I now need to start thinking seriously about what to do with my Seat Leon 1.6TDI DSG Copa (2011) - have what I think is a decent part exchange offer (would be very convenient) but could probably squeeze a bit more dosh on a private sale, if I can be asked?! Excitement growing but not getting too carried away yet!! Only seen one Ateca parked up in my local area (same colour, bugger) when out walking, no sign of any others on the road around east/west London, nor on my travels around the M25 or North Circular - so still a very rare beast down here. Cheers all.

·
Registered
526 Posts
There are quite a few websites now that will "bid" for your car and give prices better than trade ins but not as good as private. Generally I've not heard good things about webuyanycar but there are quite a few competitors that offer a similar service. There's one called tootle that caught my eye that I plan to get a quote from soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let the delay begin - only a few days after my 'on track' update, I've just received an email saying that the car is now due 'in stock' 1st August (2 week delay) with delivery 7-10 days thereafter. Explanation "factory delay due to volume of orders" - pretty consistent with the wider situation I suppose!! Whilst I'd really like to get my hands on the car sooner rather than later, I think I'll now be trying to work this for 1st Sep or later to pick up a new '67' plate. Watch this space!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yep - I'd be insisting on a 1st Sep handover date now too for the 67-plate

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Further update today - now due 'in stock' 21st August, that's a further 3 week delay on top of the 2 previously notified. So 'in stock' is now 21 weeks from the original order, with delivery 7-10 days after that!! Given the previous delay, broker/dealer had already agreed to manage the order to a 1st Sep (67 plate) registration/delivery, but it now looks like this will just happen anyway with no intervention required. The long wait continues, what joy!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Bossdarbo said:
Further update today - now due 'in stock' 21st August, that's a further 3 week delay on top of the 2 previously notified. So 'in stock' is now 21 weeks from the original order, with delivery 7-10 days after that!! Given the previous delay, broker/dealer had already agreed to manage the order to a 1st Sep (67 plate) registration/delivery, but it now looks like this will just happen anyway with no intervention required. The long wait continues, what joy!!
Nearly there though!

I had this exact conversation with my dealer - they were telling me build in mid-end of July to mid August pickup and I told them if arrives for pick-up in July then I'll take it; otherwise hold it for the new '67 plates in September.

Did those updates come from your broker/dealer or SEAT UK? I got two different stories from the pair of 'em :shock:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All info from broker/dealer who have updated me at least monthly as promised from the outset. Made a conscious decision not to confuse/complicate things by contacting SEAT direct, so relying on good broker/dealer engagement - reasonably happy so far despite the latest delay. As you say, nearly there now - well hopefully!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Fair dinkums :cool:

SEAT UK and dealers are separate - lots of folks here have been pestering SEAT UK for updates (ring up weekly for latest status) and then pestering their dealers when that status changes, so it probably won't complicate things if you were to try.

As you have said though, your broker/dealer has been good and kept you informed as agreed; mine didn't, despite several 'prompts' so I gave up and went direct to customer services who had better information than my dealer did.

Good luck - the wait soon passes as I've found out! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another routine dealer/broker update today - still due 'in stock' on 21 August so, on the face of it, I'm looking good for an early September delivery on a 67 plate, fingers and everthing else crossed!! That said, have pressed them to see how confident they really are with that 'in stock' date - it's basically only 3 weeks away so given what they know about the vehicle's current production status and allowing for shipping etc, they should be able to say how realistic that assessment actually is. Their reply should be interesting!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great news, just had confirmation that my new Ateca has arrived in-stock at the dealership. It will be a 67 registration plate now, so just need to sort out a convenient delivery date for early September - counting down the days, hours, minutes already, really excited!! Original in-stock forecast was 17th July (16 weeks) and today is 21 weeks - so assuming another 10-14 days before it's in my possession, it'll be just shy of 6 months from order to delivery. Probably just about average given the range of experiences discussed on the forum and pretty happy with my broker/dealer/SEAT experience so far - let's hope the car lives up to the high expectations. Will post some photos in due course. Off to see if I can beat the part exchange price for my Leon now, wish me luck!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi
I ordered a 1.4 Xcellence with sun roof and heated windscreen on 13 March and was quoted delivery by last week of July but that didn't happen and building it this week (I HOPE). I left for a 1700 mile round northern Britain road trip in my older Seat Exeo Tech Sport(170) on the last week of July for 3 weeks when I should of had my new Areca. This took my Exeo into needing a 2 year service and a cam belt and water pump change which Seat UK paid for in full and even lent me an Areca for the day while mine was with them.
Seat UK tell me I should have my car the last week of September

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Delivery set for 7th September, nearly there!! :) :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Got mine scheduled for the 1st of September :cool:

Taken the day off work, all set! This is going to be the longest long-weekend and I'm already turning into a kid just before Christmas. Good luck with pick-up and make sure you bring your checklist! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts