Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forums,

Went to local dealer to see ATECA. Liked the look of the ATECA in Petrol Blue they had in the showroom. Not yet available for the test drive. They are expecting demonstrator next week and booked me in for a test drive.

Dealer told me that there is lot of interest/demand in the car and as such dealers are not allowed any discounts. Tried CAR WOW, how-ever it came back with no quotes. Broadspeed did gave a discount but told me not available for ordering until Summer next year. Was wondering if anyone had any Quote on PCP deals with any kind of discounts at all.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I got no discount on my pcp deal with my first edition. Although I have got a bit off because of the inbuilt option discount from it being a first edition.

The standard pcp deal is pretty average, but I have certainly seen worse. Mine will be worth £10500 at the end of my 4 years which is really helping to keep the monthlys down. Compared to similar cars it's going to (supposedly) depreciate a lot less, it's their risk to keep it so high. Also the quoted 4.9% APR is ok but not great.

The deals maybe there after xmas and into next summer, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for any better than what is quoted on the main website. Supply is too tight.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Answering not on PCPS but on discounts. You can aim to get a £1,000 off and pick your dealer. The discount sites either build their overheads in or charge you. So if their overheads swallow up the dealer discount it's not worth them doing it. I found chain dealers were not doing discounts so find an independently owned dealer. Possible that close to launch discounts may vanish till the buzz is off.

Can't say I'm an expert on PCP but the Seat one is the company one carefully constructed, what your scope for discounts is, is probably similar to independent dealers not chain ones that are operating a mandate not to discount.

Interest is high in the Ateca but some dealers aren't really pushing it very well and haven't used the pre sales window well with LHD cars going on tour but failing to tell their customers. Broadspeed is a waste of space in my view advertising discounts on the Ateca but not being able to give them. If they did they wouldn't be able to make any money. I know one guy on here claimed they got a sizeable discount, but whether that came throu, dunno, stand up and be counted :). I got a jaundiced view of those sites that were offering discounts on the Ateca.

I spend a couple of months looking at discounts and concluded after Brexit that 10 percent currency rise is going to eat into your discount ability. Next year they could be up by 10 percent but with a 10 percent discount, no change (possibly +5 and -5). PCP guys will be paying I suspect the new prices now, whilst next you will see RRP going up. So yeah, Brexit is affecting the prices now and dealers ability to discount.

Short answer I got £1,000 off which was basically the dealer cutting it's profit margins over other dealers, you may get slightly more but not much more, if you could the big boy websites would be on the case, only the pretender websites are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.