Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this new forum - looks good so far.

Currently I own a Skoda Yeti which I'm due to change in March next year. Don't really fancy a new Yeti in its current form - it is getting a bit dated now. The new Ateca seems to tick a lot of my boxes: up-to-date technology, good looks, potentially good tow car and keenly priced. The Ateca will be built on a Skoda production line apparently so could almost be thought of as Yeti II as well!

Looking forward to sharing info and thoughts on this potentially great new car.

·
Administrator
222 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

As I understand it the next Yeti will be based / built on the Ateca so I think you're right, it is essentially a Yeti II until that is officially released in a couple of years time.

We're all eagerly awaiting test drives at the moment. Have you a model in mind you want?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rob. Thanks for the welcome! I do like my Yeti and it has been very reliable. However I ordered the car with a spare wheel but this makes the boot quite shallow and somewhat compromised which has been a big disappointment. The Ateca is only a few inches longer but seems to be better thought out in terms of usable space. The engine choice for the current Yeti is also compromised I think. The new MQB based cars have much more modern technology available so the Ateca is worth waiting for. I am interested in an SE 2WD diesel - probably the 150PS version. No need for 4WD if you opt for winter tyres/all season tyres.

I have been in contact with local dealers to register my interest and one replied today saying that they may get a left hand drive example of the Ateca in earlier than September so that would be good to give us an early look at a car. Have you heard anything like that at your local dealers?

·
Administrator
222 Posts
No but I was hoping for some kind of dealer tour with an imported model since they seem available for the press at the moment.

I'll keep a watch out and let you know if I hear anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts