Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Picked up my first ever Seat today. Got a 71 plate Ateca FR Sport in Nevada White (approx 2.5k on by dealer).

First impressions: love it. I've come from a Diesel Karoq 4x4, which was a superb car. Circumstances though suggested that I ditch diesel for petrol and as I'm not doing anywhere near the miles I was I really no longer needed the additional weight of the 4x4.

So, I'm now a 1.5 petrol, 2wd owning Seat enthusiast!! So much lighter and quieter - though I am struggling not to spin the front tyres when pulling out of junctions. Might need to change the tyres sooner than I'd hoped.

Quick question. I'm pretty certain the FR Sport spec comes with those sexy (to me anyway!!) puddle lights that say "Hola!". However, in dusk lighting they don't seem to be there. Can anyone confirm that they are indeed part of this spec? There does seem to be a lighting unit under the wing mirrors.

Cheers for any replies.

Steve

Registered
Hi there, very nice car I must say.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that you need your lights to be set to Auto for the puddle and coming home lights to work so might be worth trying this first.
Might of miss read it though as it was a while ago.馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Glyn,

Very kind of you to say so. The Karoq was lovely but I must say the Ateca's sportier looks do work for me. Even the missus likes it!!!!

I'll take a look at the light configuration in the morning. I'm pretty certain they were set to auto but I will check again.

Many thanks for your feedback and welcome!

Cheers
Steve

Registered
I was looking for a Karoq until I found my Ateca fr sport in grey, sure you will love it, it has turned out to be a great all rounder as I also tow a caravan with it.

Might be worth reviewing page 151 of the manual, if you have puddle lights fitted it is probably not working because it鈥檚 switched off in the infotainment menu or the auto position on the light switch.

Vehicle with halogen headlights
In the 鈥淐oming Home鈥 function, the daytime running lights (DRL), the rear side lights and the licence plate lights are turned on.
Vehicle with full-LED headlights
In the 鈥淐oming Home鈥 function, the dipped beams, the daytime running lights (DRL), the rear side lights, the number plate lights and the courtesy lights in the rear view mirror (Welcome Light) switch on.
Automatic* activation of 鈥淐oming Home鈥
For vehicles with a light and rain sensor (rota- ry light switch in position 飦侊仌飦旓亸).
鈼 Switch off the engine and remove the key from the ignition with the rotary light switch in position 飦侊仌飦旓亸 鈥衡衡 飥 page 32.
鈼 The automatic 鈥淐oming Home鈥 function is only active when the light sensor detects darkness.
鈼 When the car door is opened, the 鈥淐oming Home鈥 lighting comes on.
Manual 鈥淐oming Home鈥 activation
For vehicles with a light and rain sensor (rota- ry light switch without position 飦侊仌飦旓亸). 禄

1 - 4 of 4 Posts