Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, ordered 17th Jan. just got SEAT order number from dealer so rang customer services for an update. Was told it's a provisional build week 15, which is April 10-17. Seems like a looong time away.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Think yourself lucky. I ordered in August and still waiting.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Doesn't sound like too long to wait.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Fred99 said:
Think yourself lucky. I ordered in August and still waiting.
what's the latest on yours Fred?

welcome to the forum Jinxy :)

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
When I asked SEAT they said unconfirmed build date 8/17 and suggested that in future I ask my dealer, not them. Asked dealer and confirmed it was still 5/17 and that if there were any changes he would call me. I suspect SEAT may have been quoting a delivery date rather than build date.

So, hopefully it will be built next week, but I'm not holding my breath!

I will call him next week to check delivery date. Either way, at best it will be 26 weeks. According to the Spanish forums, 6 months is normal and they are all more p****d off than I am!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Have to keep the mother country happy :). Do they make their profits outside Spain and the profits are returned to VW in any case.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Tell said:
Have to keep the mother country happy :). Do they make their profits outside Spain and the profits are returned to VW in any case.
Profits? Come on, they have been losing money every year since 2008 apart from a measly €6m last year and that, apparently was an accounting fiddle!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Jinxy45 said:
Hi, ordered 17th Jan. just got SEAT order number from dealer so rang customer services for an update. Was told it's a provisional build week 15, which is April 10-17. Seems like a looong time away.
This is quite encouraging - I ordered two days before, Xcellence, with fewer bells & whistles. Time to call dealer to see if I've a build date too.

Thanks for this update, Jinxy45

·
Registered
59 Posts
Fred99 said:
When I asked SEAT they said unconfirmed build date 8/17 and suggested that in future I ask my dealer, not them. Asked dealer and confirmed it was still 5/17 and that if there were any changes he would call me. I suspect SEAT may have been quoting a delivery date rather than build date.

So, hopefully it will be built next week, but I'm not holding my breath!

I will call him next week to check delivery date. Either way, at best it will be 26 weeks. According to the Spanish forums, 6 months is normal and they are all more p****d off than I am!
Funny you should say that. The last couple of times I have called they have asked if I have spoken to my dealer first.

Problem with that is that I speak to my dealer and get all the salesman 'keep them happy' spiel whereas customer services are giving me a straight answer.

I would continue calling customer services in the first instance until they no longer give you the information.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome to the board :) I think the provisional build dates are mostly on the pessimistic side so that you can be pleasantly surprised when they're moved up.

Fred it's so shabby that they're not dealing with Spanish orders as promptly as the rest!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Agreed! I really would like to know why. As I've said before, I think it's because UK dealers have lots of stock orders in the pipeline. It would be interesting to what date you would get if you specified a really odd configuration!

Of course, it may be that SEAT underestimated the demand in Spain and got a low allocation. (Assuming that they allocate by country). The sales have gone through to roof here, especially the 1.4 which is 70% of the orders.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, I ordered last week (week 4) and today I called SEAT UK and they said that my provisional build week is week 9. Mine is a simpler spec with no options, so perhaps the additional spec on your order has added to the lead time? Those extra bits will be worth the wait though!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Greetings from sunny Suffolk, Just had a call from our Dealer our Ateca has arrived :D . We will pick it up on the 1st March, car was ordered middle of October,not long now to wait.
Coming from a Nissan Qashqai Mk2.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
benluck301 said:
Hey, I ordered last week (week 4) and today I called SEAT UK and they said that my provisional build week is week 9. Mine is a simpler spec with no options, so perhaps the additional spec on your order has added to the lead time? Those extra bits will be worth the wait though!
I don't think the options make any difference if the order is for a "new" order on the factory. As I said before, the early deliveries for cars with few options are more likely to be fulfilled from the dealers' stock orders

.My dealer confirmed today that my car is in build this week. Delivery in three weeks. Hooray!!! That's 6 months from order to delivery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Benluck, I think most of the driving aids will probably get switched off. I just added things 'cos my budget allowed. Being self-employed has some advantages. Not desperate for delivery, as my current CX-5 Sport Nav is on Contract Hire 'til September, but the more I read about the Ateca, and then had a test drive, the sooner I wanted to order it. Contract Hire also costs a lot to get out of early. Hope yours is built soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had a call from dealer. confirmed build week 9. Hopeful for collection mid-April

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.