Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

New order in

8K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Etchings 
#1 ·
Just placed my order for a 1.4TSI Excellence in grey, have been told the wait time is approx 16 weeks, do Seat do anything online so I can follow the progress or is it a matter of pestering the dealer from time to time for updates?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum andyrossitter :D I'm afraid SEAT currently don't have any kind of tracking like what VW and others have. Your only choice is to pester your dealer or ring SEAT customer services on 0500 222222. You will probably need to get your order number off your dealer for this first :)

#4 ·
Update, Spoke with dealer today and have been told that the order placed on 4/3/17 is due for build in week 15(next week) and should be with me in mid May, a month ahead of original estimate. Best get on with insurance and whatnot rather soon! :D

#5 ·
andyrossitter said:
Update, Spoke with dealer today and have been told that the order placed on 4/3/17 is due for build in week 15(next week) and should be with me in mid May, a month ahead of original estimate. Best get on with insurance and whatnot rather soon! :D
:eek: You jammy git! :lol:

Same spec and colour as mine and I ordered Feb 21st originally given week 15 and I'm now looking at week 17 if nothings changed since friday! Not very fair at all!

#6 ·
andyrossitter said:
That's really encouraging. My order went in 20th March and was last given a build of week 20. On that basis, fingers crossed and following wind, I could be slightly sooner. Having said this, thinking of poor Missy and her towbar, and our continental cousins, I'm not going to high five quite yet :| .

#7 ·
Agreed, it is the first I have heard from the dealer since placing the order, will believe it when I see it

#8 ·
Welcome Andy, and maybe you will be lucky like me had 10 week turn around from placing order to pickup, so you can start getting excited as not far away. :p

G
#9 ·
andyrossitter said:
That's very quick from order date to build week.
I'm still on an estimated build week.

#11 ·
Spoke to dealer again yesterday, car is now in country awaiting transport and then PDI, maybe, just maybe next weekend!

#16 ·
That's pretty impressive. My order was 20th March and I keep getting a build for Week 20. My car is pretty much like yours with a couple of differences in the spec. I got worried recently when someone mentioned about heated screens holding cars up. I wonder how many cars were ordered worldwide between the 4th and 20th March and where I really am in the queue.

#17 ·
That is very impressive - 10 weeks delivery for factory order. Wonder if it was a cancellation of identical spec and you picked up the slot?

Ordered mine on 3rd March and being told insane build week now. My spec is pretty close to yours too - ok, a few additional driver assists and a spare wheel although I haven't heard of those being in any shortage. So once again congratulations - seems like you got lucky / have a good dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.