Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Firstly, great forum and look forward to being a regular contributor.

Placed an order over the weekend for a 1.4 TSI DSG Xcellence in Bila white with the xcellence pack and space Saver spare.

16 weeks but probably sooner according to the dealer. They also managed to come within £100 of a Drive The Deal quote I had printed out... :D

Let the wait begin....

·
Registered
526 Posts
Congrats on a great deal! Which dealer was it? Others on here are struggling to get deals from dealers so would be great if you can share.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yep... might be good to find a dealer hall of fame/shame as that's always been Seat's problem in the UK; very hit and miss dealerships.

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the waiting club! :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.. Waiting will be the hardest part.. :(

I ordered from Spire Seat Watford. I had the Drive the Deal quote on my phone which I showed them. They came within £650 initially and wouldn't budge. Coincidentally, DTD called me while I was in the dealership. We were about to make our excuses and leave but the sales manager joined the conversation and we managed to eventually agree a price £100 more than the DTD quote. I was happy to pay this for the convenience of using a local dealer.
A discount of about 9.5% if you include the current £1000 voucher offer.

I would say that there are certainly opportunities to haggle with dealers. Seat in Hatfield contacted me a number of times as I had also got a few quotes from them via Carwow.

Armed with some quotes through these online brokers, some dealers are willing to negotiate.......

·
Registered
526 Posts
lol - I also went via Spire Watford. I dealt with Andrew Hobbs. Didn't get quite as good a deal as you tho!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Kee - :lol: really!! What a coincidence.

What did you think of the dealer in general? Did also you test drive the lava blue 1.4 DSG? I was quite surprised they had the same engine I was after..

·
Registered
526 Posts
Initially I wasn't that impressed. It's quite small and they don't seem to have much staff, on a sunday at least. I went one sunday just to have a browse at an Ateca with the missus, but ended up waiting over an hour to be assisted since they didn't have an Ateca in the showroom, only in the parking lot. When I finally got seen, the guy (Leroy) was quite helpful in the end.

I then went back to them because they had a 1.4 DSG available for test drive which is an essential for me as the missus is on an auto only licence. This time Andrew dealt with me and he was nice enough, but new to the dealership and I would say very sure of himself. We had a laugh and a joke (he had real old school selling/ negotiating techniques!) and ended up doing deal 3 hours later!

Since then, he's been reasonably prompt with my queries, tho has forgotten about things on a couple of occasions. He has however confirmed he'll give me my deposit back if the car doesn't arrive before 30 Sep and the £1k voucher isn't honoured by Seat UK (I'm in process of trying to get Seat UK to honour it no matter what, worst case).

I would give Spire some credit tho for offering a discount when others wouldn't and also having a 1.4 DSG available to test drive. I'll prob end up going to Seat Barnet however for servicing as they are ultimately much closer to me (sales don't get involved in that side of the business anyway).

Great to find a fellow customer who is in a similar boat. We should defo keep in touch and swap stories!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Someone forgot to place New Order... here you go (you're welcome):

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:lol:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kee said:
Since then, he's been reasonably prompt with my queries, tho has forgotten about things on a couple of occasions. He has however confirmed he'll give me my deposit back if the car doesn't arrive before 30 Sep and the £1k voucher isn't honoured by Seat UK (I'm in process of trying to get Seat UK to honour it no matter what, worst case).
That's interesting regarding the £1k voucher. Leroy gave me a rather dismissive response suggesting that if there were delays Seat would extend the scheme... only time will tell.

kee said:
Great to find a fellow customer who is in a similar boat. We should defo keep in touch and swap stories!
For sure, seeing as it looks like we've ordered a couple of week apart with a similar spec, it'll be interesting to see when the cars get delivered...

·
Registered
526 Posts
nsign77 said:
For sure, seeing as it looks like we've ordered a couple of week apart with a similar spec, it'll be interesting to see when the cars get delivered...
Probably will be on the same boat, meet you at the dealers!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So a quick update on progress... Spoke with dealer today and the car is in the UK waiting for delivery to the dealer and all the prep/PDI before we can collect. Estimate is 5-10 days for delivery and another 5 days to prep.... So even with a worst case scenario, it should be less than 11 weeks from order to delivery (fingers crossed for sooner)..

Better start looking at insurance quotes - any recommendations from anyone?

·
Registered
526 Posts
nsign77 said:
Better start looking at insurance quotes - any recommendations from anyone?
Aviva were super cheap and great service for me. Admiral quoted around 800, Aviva ended up 311!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Kee,

Have noticed the same. Admiral were inexplicably high whereas Aviva were more than half cheaper..

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thumbs up for Aviva as well. Paying around £300 as part of a dual policy. Very efficient claims service too - thankfully on my previous car :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
From working in the insurance industry, I've heard good things about Aviva's claims handling.

Oh, and ask for discount. There's always discount to be had.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Had a frustrating call from the dealer today.
We had been chasing for an update ever since being told back on 4th July that the car was in the UK and was waiting delivery to the dealer. Then last week we were told that the transporter was booked on the 11th and it would take a further 7-10 days to get to the dealer... not ideal, but ok...

Today, told that it is scheduled to be built in build week 34 and delivery end of Sept :shock: Explained that we had already been told by a colleague that the car was already in the country and should have been on route to the dealer... Salesperson then said he may have had old information which doesn't make a great deal of sense as we had never been given any other build week apart from 25 and we've already been told that the car is in the country.

Will be calling up Seat UK tomorrow with the order number to find out exactly when the car was built and delivered to the UK. I then need to have a serious call with the sales manager!! Not impressed at all!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Damn! Wtf is going on there?!?! Give em hell

1 - 20 of 28 Posts