Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, finally decided to join after months of being a guest user.
Ordered 4th October
Built 8th November
Collected 6th December with 23 miles on the clock.
Absolutely love my new car but slightly concerned on parking. I live on a hill and parking is at a premium and spaces tight. I usually, very carefully have to drop in a space out of gear and then it's a wee bit of forwards and backing to get it right in the small gap. My issue is the not being able to drop slowly back out of gear, have to use the accelerator to disengage handbrake and reverse on a hill with a car inches away. It now looks like I've abandoned it!
Any tips??
1.0 TSI
Bila white

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hi Minnie

I can't help sorry but wanted to say welcome to the forum
:)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi Minnie. Welcome to the forum.

It will come with practice and become second nature really quickly. The auto hold and handbrake make it easier to park on a slope.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the replies. I have figured out that all I have to do is to turn off autohold, that simple!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Minnie said:
Thank you all for the replies. I have figured out that all I have to do is to turn off autohold, that simple!
:mrgreen:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That's good.

Thomas in his videos says you may need to turn it off in "a garage", what he means by that I never figured. Think it may be a manual thing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Minnie said:
Hi, finally decided to join after months of being a guest user.
Ordered 4th October
Built 8th November
Collected 6th December with 23 miles on the clock.
Absolutely love my new car but slightly concerned on parking. I live on a hill and parking is at a premium and spaces tight. I usually, very carefully have to drop in a space out of gear and then it's a wee bit of forwards and backing to get it right in the small gap. My issue is the not being able to drop slowly back out of gear, have to use the accelerator to disengage handbrake and reverse on a hill with a car inches away. It now looks like I've abandoned it!
Any tips??
1.0 TSI
Bila white
I have ordered Bila White.... any pics yet?.... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.