Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I've been searching for a new car for a few months. Having decided, I really need a larger boot and higher seating position. I have test driven a huge amount from BMW to Nissans.

I currently have a 15 plate Golf with every gadget fitted.

After to going my local SEAT dealer, they estimated a 5 - 6 month wait on delivery. I thought , I would have a drive to another SEAT dealer, a bit further a field. Strangely, they could source one immediately, which was sat at Sheerness docks.Fair enough, I have not been able to choose my colour or spec and have no additional gadgets fitted. But, considering I only ordered it on Wednesday 8th March, it has arrived today at the dealership on the 13th March.

So please shop around, if you are trying to source a car, it seems different garages are more able/interested than others. I will be spending the next few days polishing my lovely Golf, to give her a good send off.

I can pick my new Black Magic, SE 1.6 TDI up next Monday. I hope I fall in love with it as much as my Golf.

One thing I would like to ask please. I don't like not having a spare wheel . So, I intend to order one. But, if the car does not come with the wheel just the spray can, is there housing for the spare tyre to be fitted at a later date please? I can't ring my dealer, as they are closed now and I am a wee bit impatient.

Many thanks and I look forward to chatting over the next few months.

·
Registered
979 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi CB, and welcome.

I've got a black petrol SE (and I'm originally from Derbyshire). Without a spare there's a front to back moulding in the spare well. I've considered a full sized spare as I already have one and would have to secure it using the tethering points and an A3 lockdown net (can't think how else to describe it). Trouble is, there isn't a jack or other useful tools although these could be borrowed from a passing motorist I guess.

Space saver and tools are covered elsewhere, but I'm offering details of my intended solution because it's a no-cost option for me at the expense of less boot space. Plus I'd be happier for my wife to be running around on a full-sized tyre.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Niggly said:
. Plus I'd be happier for my wife to be running around on a full-sized tyre.
I run round with a few spare tyres :(

welcome to the forum CurlyBonce :mrgreen:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Saggy said:
Niggly said:
At least they'll be space savers duck, and not super-singles (a description of some tyres not a "dating" club). :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Niggly said:
Saggy said:
Niggly said:
At least they'll be space savers duck, and not super-singles (a description of some tyres not a "dating" club). :D
Duck ~ that's a lincolnshire pet name if ever I heard one lol

"Super Singles" ~that would be fantastic. Beasts the Syco (sp) Singles, Selfish singles, Shy singles, Sad singles I tend to find :lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Saggy said:
Niggly said:
Saggy said:
Duck ~ that's a lincolnshire pet name if ever I heard one lol

"Super Singles" ~that would be fantastic. Beasts the Syco (sp) Singles, Selfish singles, Shy singles, Sad singles I tend to find :lol:
You're clearly looking in all the wrong places. For tyres, obviously.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts