Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I picked up my Ateca on Friday and I've managed to suss most things out. I just have a few questions that hopefully other owners can answer for me.

1. Once I park the car and push the button to turn off the engine the radio stays on and I have to push the radio on/off button to turn it off. In a car with an ignition key the radio would go off when the key is withdrawn - how does this work without a key?

2. In the boot, high up on the drivers side wheel arch there is a small webbing strap with a quick release buckle. What is this for?

3. On my previous cars I fitted all season tyres (Goodyear Vector 4season) which were an excellent all rounder. I have the standard 18'' wheels - has anyone found an all season tyre of the right size to fit?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Pielander said:
Hi

I picked up my Ateca on Friday and I've managed to suss most things out. I just have a few questions that hopefully other owners can answer for me.

1. Once I park the car and push the button to turn off the engine the radio stays on and I have to push the radio on/off button to turn it off. In a car with an ignition key the radio would go off when the key is withdrawn - how does this work without a key?

When you open the door, the radio turns off.

2. In the boot, high up on the drivers side wheel arch there is a small webbing strap with a quick release buckle. What is this for?

This is a strap to hold two warning triangles in position. Drivers in Spain have to carry two triangles and the genuine Seat triangles fit here with the ends located in the slots provided, held in place by the strap.

3. On my previous cars I fitted all season tyres (Goodyear Vector 4season) which were an excellent all rounder. I have the standard 18'' wheels - has anyone found an all season tyre of the right size to fit?

Sorry, I can't help with this question, I don't fit Winter tyres.

Thanks for your help!
Enjoy your Ateca.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I use the strap to hold my compact umbrella, fits perfectly

·
Registered
338 Posts
1: When you've switched off the engine with the button and the ignition is effectively turned off.....when you open the driver's door the radio/infotainment system will turn off. If you open the driver's door when the ignition is on but the engine has stopped, it will warn you that you need to press the button to turn off the ignition.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your replies. I've spent some time going through all the controls and I'm starting to get the hang of them. I just have another couple of questions I hope you may be able to help with.

I have the Xcellence model with light assist and rain sensing wipers.....

How do I enable light assist? Do I simply push the left hand lever to turn the main beam on and leave it in that position? Does the car then dip/raise the headlights automatically?

How do I set the rain sensing wipers? My wiper stalk differs to the one in the handbook. It has no button to turn it on/off. I think the dealer said to put the stalk in position 1 but I was so excited I was only half listening!

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
For main beam assist check manual page 133. Push Indicator/Main Beam stalk down and return it up.....displays in dash screen that it's on.....push down again and return.....it takes it off.

For rain sensor....if you don't have the on/off button, put stalk into position 1 and set the sensor on top of the stalk to minimum (or whichever you want).

·
Registered
192 Posts
NeoVector said:
I use the strap to hold my compact umbrella, fits perfectly
Well, that is a use for it. :D I still can't help wondering why it's really there.

·
Registered
163 Posts
That strap is for a car net or how do you call it... but that is only my guess :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Strap holds a can of Tyre Weld just nicely. In the absence of a spare, I think my wife would prefer this quick fix (after trying a compressor) rather than using the TMS pack.

For tyres, try increasing the section width by 10mm e.g. try 225 for 215 and see what other options you get. Then advise your insurer to maintain cover confidence.

·
Registered
128 Posts
mike22 said:
That strap is for a car net or how do you call it... but that is only my guess :)
The strap is to hold two genuine Seat warning triangles in place. Fact!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
True - I have two SEAT triangles sitting snugly in the slot.

·
Registered
63 Posts
dasalias said:
mike22 said:
The strap is to hold two genuine Seat warning triangles in place. Fact!
Well thats just Weird... Because although not a genuine Seat Warning Triangle... it's where i actually put my Warning Triangle!... :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts