Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving my Ateca 1.0SE for a month now. I had a test drive in February and the shortest delivery on a standard spec./colour 1.0SE then was (10) weeks, so I asked the dealer about buying the demonstrator (66reg/Jan 17 with 1100 miles).
As it happens, they were expecting a new 1.4 petrol demo. car from SEAT, so we did the deal on the 1.0SE!
I had to wait a couple of weeks to sort my Yeti p/x out which had been booked in for some warranty work, and the Ateca had some extras fitted by the dealer.
I'm very pleased with the car, it's "as new", the colour I wanted, & has lots of goodies that I wouldn't have ordered on a new one due to the extra cost, but I did got a fantastic deal on the purchase price and the Yeti p/x.
Apparently, SEAT supply the cars for demonstration use fully loaded to impress the customers, and the only thing I may never use is the boot divider net, but the rest I now wouldn't be without.
The new Yeti will be revealed Dec/Jan, for sale in April'18, and will be an Ateca clone, made in the same Czech factory. Mine would have lost too much p/x value by then, so now was the time to go for the Ateca, and I'm so glad I did.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to the club, I did pretty much the same and bought a loaded ex-Demo SE 1.0 like you just before Xmas! Have already done a couple of thousand miles since and now averaging between 45 and 50 mpg depending on driving conditions.

You don't mention free servicing - did you manage to get that in the deal as well?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi bassman, no, I didn't get free servicing as I was more interested in getting the lowest cost to change. I got the impression that if I had done a finance deal + Gap insurance there was something more available, but I paid cash & p/x. The last thing I want at my age, 75, is monthly payments!
Also, this was the only petrol low mileage ex-demo available in the northwest area at that time, although they had a 2.0 diesel Excellence 4wd, again, fully loaded, for a good price, which sold within days.
I'm getting 43-47 mpg tootling around town; the stop/start must be saving at least 5mpg, as a lot of the time is driving between traffic lights & major road works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.