Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! So I always go looking for forums/Facebook groups when getting a new car and happy to have found the Ateca forums :) - Picking up our (new to me) 2019 Ateca 1.6 TDI Xcellence on Saturday and can't wait! Coming from a world of MG-Rovers (still got a ZT V8) and Freelanders it's going to be nice to have a motor that shouldn't need constant attention and isn't a shed 馃槅

Always on the look out for handy hints and tip to make things better, and i think first things are sorting a ciggy lighter in the boot, and the door card lights.

Cheers!

Stu

Registered
My last car for 5 years was a Freelander 2 HSE, brilliant car to drive, very comfortable but getting a bit rusty (2007) . . . .so I got a 67 plate 2.0 4 drive Xcellence 2 months ago, not as comfortable, but being the 4 wheel drive version it does have independent suspension, unlike the 2 wheel versions that have a torsion bar on the rear. (many reviewers point this out as a negative)

Lots of gimmicky stuff on the screen, but the most important bit is its a great car to drive, I opted for manual, I used to drive my FL2 like a mini and it was good enoughto be thrown arount at pace, mpg only 33, the Ateca handles easily as good if not better, also it is very fast when I want it to be. Its growing on me, I find the equipment levels baffling, it has a lot of stuff and is 'supposed' to be a top of the range model, yet so much isnt there on mine that others have. I do not have ACC, or the subwoofer in the boot, or spare USB ports in rear, no idea if I have lane assist 馃槀I do have a sunroof which is good.

Speak as I find, but the Freelander 2 forum Freel2.com was full of very technical people who knew everything about the car, some will cynically say its because they have to as its a Land Rover, there was a lot more interaction on that site than I have seen on here, which is a shame.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to SEAT.

Mostly good, apart from the cup holders, which were designed by a maniac.
Picked it up on Saturday and is a lovely car! But yeah, i agree with the cup holders 馃槅

My last car for 5 years was a Freelander 2 HSE, brilliant car to drive, very comfortable but getting a bit rusty (2007) . . . .so I got a 67 plate 2.0 4 drive Xcellence 2 months ago, not as comfortable, but being the 4 wheel drive version it does have independent suspension, unlike the 2 wheel versions that have a torsion bar on the rear. (many reviewers point this out as a negative)

Lots of gimmicky stuff on the screen, but the most important bit is its a great car to drive, I opted for manual, I used to drive my FL2 like a mini and it was good enoughto be thrown arount at pace, mpg only 33, the Ateca handles easily as good if not better, also it is very fast when I want it to be. Its growing on me, I find the equipment levels baffling, it has a lot of stuff and is 'supposed' to be a top of the range model, yet so much isnt there on mine that others have. I do not have ACC, or the subwoofer in the boot, or spare USB ports in rear, no idea if I have lane assist 馃槀I do have a sunroof which is good.

Speak as I find, but the Freelander 2 forum Freel2.com was full of very technical people who knew everything about the car, some will cynically say its because they have to as its a Land Rover, there was a lot more interaction on that site than I have seen on here, which is a shame.
I was looking at the FL2's, but the 4x4 systems on them and what i read when i was on the Freelander pages etc.. was putting me off a little. Which is ironic when i spotted a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe and didn't know about their AWD issues which are worse then Land Rover! Diff and transfer box kaput, and found oil over the gearbox so handed it back. Went shopping and found the Ateca. Although we wanted a nice comfy car, it's also to get the dog in the boot as well, and happy to say our German Shep fits in nicely! Plus less of a jump in then the 4x4 so in her old age will be content, and me too with no visits to the vets!

I suppose as these cars start to age over the next few years people will find tricks and fixes for niggles and issues, but I'm on cloud 9 with ours coming from pretty much no technology to being surrounded by it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts