Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just introducing myself! Seriously interested in the new Seat Ateca, my current pcp deal runs out soon so looking for something new. Currently own a Fiat 500L and am looking for its replacement suitable for my wife and 2 small children. Considering all cars in the crossover/SUV range, taking in all sizes. Basically a fight between this and the Fiat 500x for my next car after ruling out numerous cars (including Mazda cx 5 too costly, Qashqai too common, Juke too ugly, cx 3 too small, 2008/kadjar too French!). Heart is set on a crossover rather than a hatch, enjoy the high driving position.

Ateca is currently out in front if I can get a half decent deal. Particularly intrigued by what spec the "first edition" may come out with and its price.

Looking forward to some good discussion and information as the Ateca nears launch and ordering/test drives begin.

·
Administrator
222 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Newcastle fan?

The Fiat 500x looks OK, I've seen a few about now. Reliability and quality would be my main concerns but I guess you know what that is like coming from the 500L and are probably in a better position than me to say what they are really like.

If the residuals are good on the Ateca which I hope they will be it should offer some pretty good PCP deals when it's launched.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Newcastle fan (unfortunately!!)

I have only ever had minor niggles with my fiats, and the 500x has the nicest interior I've ever seen on a fiat. Having said that, the seat will definitely be a step up in quality. Also the fiat works out quite expensive when I spec it up. But on the other hand I get a £3000 deposit contribution from fiat through a work discount scheme and also my loyalty to the dealership. Seat will probably only be £500. See if I can wrangle any more out of them. Prepared to pay extra deposit for the Ateca however, it will be a much more practical car in long run.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also residuals are atrocious on Fiats, which is another reason to move away. I only have a few months left to pay on my 500L and I am still negative equity.

·
Administrator
222 Posts
Magpie86 said:
Also residuals are atrocious on Fiats, which is another reason to move away. I only have a few months left to pay on my 500L and I am still negative equity.
Yeah great if you're a second hand buyer I imagine, not so great if you're buying new. Also makes PCP costs higher too because you're covering a bigger depreciation drop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts