·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks.

That's the biggest brochure yet on the Ateca, dated September 2016, so that the launch brochure, the other one (s) was pre sale. I see the accessories now appear and have been placed ahead of paint colours and interior.

Some of the areas that were a bit light on information still are, like what I'm getting for Navigation Plus. When I do pick up my car I'm going to go with the PDF configurator in hand and check off each of the additions I've ordered. The sales manager didn't do Seat order codes and did long hand on their order system screen.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
In the brochure the guy is sitting on the right some of the time, left some of the time. Page 14 looks about right unless they have photoshopped that. It takes about a month to get cars over, least in the old days of made in Spain from the factory, so one can assume finished cars are now in the East European plant if they are to get here by launch.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just noticed they also flipped the satnav to make it more convincing lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
On Seat uk facebook page they have still photos of an advert they are making for a ITV sponsorship ad for a programme and I am sure the white Ateca they are using is right hand drive, so they possibly have one either that or they have doctored that as well ! .

·
Registered
334 Posts
They must have cars built in right hand drive by now. The U.K. launch is just under 4 weeks. I would find it incredible if there isn't at least a few built. I'm sure they have doctored the marketing material though, save reproducing everything twice.

They need to get a decent amount over to the UK for test drives for the 12th otherwise the launch may not be much of a launch at all! Maybe it really is that close to the wire but I doubt it. Getting them over from the Czech Republic and to the dealerships must take a little while.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Just read a comment on the Facebook page Gav m mentioned. They have 5 RHD in the uk, all heading to the showrooms next month, presumably when they have cleaned them up after making the adverts! Itv sponsorship... may have to watch whatever rubbish they link to the car! Just the once though..

Edit - read Facebook comments further. Best guesses is broadchurch. Which apparently is very good! Will be the repetitive overload of mini adverts you get at the start and end of the program at each ad break. "ITV drama - sponsored by the new Seat Ateca"

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah just took a quick look on Facebook and agree they are right hand drive ones. Noticed a video on the main seat Facebook page of a virtual showroom. It had subtitles and English bits. Wonder if they are bringing it over hear. You do a kind of webchat on their site where they go to an actual car and show you around with cameras and phones.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Was hoping for more then five RHD cars in the UK for launch. Sounds a bit like what they have been doing with the LHD switching them round the dealers for evening launches. I thought atleast each dealer would have a few. I was getting my hopes up of getting it this side of Xmas, wonder how the panoramic roof fitting is going.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I think that's just 5 at this point in time tell. I wouldn't read too much into it. They will have at least 1 per dealership come launch I am sure. They mean the 5 will be distributed back amongst the dealerships once they are done with them, ready for launch. At a guess they are using the 5 for marketing and the adverts etc.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I got told 4 in the dealership at launch today so if that's the case you can do the numbers of Seat dealerships in the UK x 4 (one for the sales guy to drive, one in the showroom, one for test drive and one for out the back). That is probably the allocation they are all getting. Launch was the 9th.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Not sure it's any diff to first time but xcellence says that having led lights it removes the cornering function?

I'd never picked up on that before ....

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Just looked and it didn't say that before !!

I like cornering lights grrrrr

Also the wording on connectivity has changed

Used to say "wireless charger connectivity box"

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
It is

But why even mention it if it doesn't mean it stops it

Are fog now led too ?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
It clearly states "deletes cornering function"

:(

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Saggy said:
It clearly states "deletes cornering function"

:(
Yeah I had already read somewhere that cornering lights were not included when you had full LED. Did think this was weird as you are losing a feature with the higher trim levels, just doesnt make sence :?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.