Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm Dae and I live in Leeds, West Yorkshire. I thought I'd join up when I spotted this forum whilst looking for something to do with the wife's new Ibiza FR.

I've got an Ateca on order. The dealer placed the order on 5/1/17, so I reckon I've a long wait ahead. I've ordered a Bila White, 2.0 DSG 190 Xcellence with Seat Sound, Xcellence Pack, Advanced Driving and Comfort Pack Plus.

I'm coming from a Skoda Octavia Elegence which I've modified a bit (mainly through VCDS). I'm hoping with VCDS I can enable these features, which are the ones I enabled on my Octavia, if the Ateca doesn't come with them turned on:

• Dipping Passenger Mirror
    Rear lights on with DRL
    Silence the electric tailgate beep
    High Beam Assist doesn't turn off when ignition switched off
    Increased number of flashes for convenience indicator (5 flashes instead of 3)
    Enable electric tailgate open/close with remote
    Enabled both rear fog lights (defaults to just one)
    Enabled front and rear teardrop wipe
    Enabled showing the fan speed when it's set to auto
    Enabled heated seat setting memory so it doesn't default back to off when ignition turned off
    DRL dim when indicating
I also put in footwell lights and a rear camera, but they won't be needed as the Xcellence comes with them.

Hopefully I'll be given a build week soon and won't have to wait too long.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Welcome!

If you can do all that then you may get yourself a bit of business on here ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Unfortunately not. My VCDS cable is limited to ten vehicles, and the Ateca will be my fifth. That's not concurrent by the way - they're previously owned VAG cars by me and the wife.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Eyeballing the German Ateca thread on the subject shows what they have achieved. That's referenced on the ODBELEVEN thread here on technical although they have edited the page since I translated it. The guy is keeping an indexed record. I don't think I've seen all of those thou.

I'd love to stop the stop start from kicking in. I'm thinking about it. It should remember how you last had it, not reset back to on. I can see some countries may enforce it for pollution reasons but it's dangerous when you hit the first junction or roundabout of the day when it's decided to activate itself.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome Dae, think you and Tell are going to spend many hours discussing the technical issues related to the ateca, so all on the forum can get the best out of our cars. :p

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell said:
Eyeballing the German Ateca thread on the subject shows what they have achieved. That's referenced on the ODBELEVEN thread here on technical although they have edited the page since I translated it. The guy is keeping an indexed record. I don't think I've seen all of those thou.

I'd love to stop the stop start from kicking in. I'm thinking about it. It should remember how you last had it, not reset back to on. I can see some countries may enforce it for pollution reasons but it's dangerous when you hit the first junction or roundabout of the day when it's decided to activate itself.
I've taken a look at that site and registered, but don't have access to the "filebase" area where they say the VCDS codes are mainly listed. I've managed to grab a few that have been in posts linked from and compiled a list. So far they're all exactly the same codings, modules and access codes as my Octavia so it's looking promising.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Perhaps I should get round to registering. My understanding was that you got access to the file base once registered so perhaps that process has not been completed yet.

I don't think anything will be too different to the standards ones your use to since they are all standard VW parts. Obviously the left and right mirror switch is different by what side of the road you drive on.

I've seen Vag codes for disabling the auto stop / start different to what they have. I'm trying to nibble a bit off at a time. May be mirrors today, fools rush in where angels fear to tread so I was hoping some other people may have done it. I guess they have done the lot :). It's how you get ODBeleven to do these rather than Vagcom which needs exploring for me with the device.

I'm only really interested in the mirrors, stop start and the MIB2 navigation. Would be good to override the lock that prevents you to start Android Auto on the screen if the car is moving. I see they have enabled MirrorLink for all apps but since I haven't got MirrorLink on my 8" tablet that's no good to me. The former would be good when I'm wearing my Copilot hat.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Tell said:

There's a button for that on ours!

Eyup Dae, nice to know there's going to be at least one more Ateca knocking around in W Yorks :cool:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Howdo Trogette. Think it'll be a while as I've not got a build week yet.

I think Tell means permanently disabling start stop. The button only works until the next time you turn the ignition off and back on.

Start stop won't kick in if the battery voltage is too low, so I think the hack may be to set the minimum voltage so high it can't ever kick in.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Another one is on engine temperature as I recall, I did book mark it. The problem with the engine stopping on a DSG is that you just go unlike in a manual where you fiddle with the clutch and the gears so not just going is a bit dangerous on split second timing which you are accustomed to, to get on a round about or turning right. Frustrating since some of the time you turn it off since you remember, the rest of the time you forget, then you curse it when it hesitates as it re starts.

I've got to get my skills up in "long coding" on the ODBEleven since for the Ateca at the minute the short cut apps haven't been written (macro scripts) as they have for the likes of the Golf 7. So you have to long code for the modifications as it appears, except perhaps for the mirror down. The silence from other people that purchased the product for the Ateca is perhaps is indicative unless they have a degree in computer science and they will be flipping the bits and code mapping between the tables on the internet. I need too loose about 45 years.... working on it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My octavia is DSG and it took a while to get used to start stop. If I gently brake and don't press the pedal too far once stopped the engine stays running. If I press the pedal further the start stop kicks in. Likewise when preparing to go, I can lift the pedal just enough to kick the engine back into life, but not enough to allow the car to move.

Took a while to get used to it, but now I almost always get it right and can choose when it kicks in. I always stop and keep the engine running, then press the pedal further if I want the engine to stop.

·
Registered
328 Posts
daesimps said:
My octavia is DSG and it took a while to get used to start stop. If I gently brake and don't press the pedal too far once stopped the engine stays running. If I press the pedal further the start stop kicks in. Likewise when preparing to go, I can lift the pedal just enough to kick the engine back into life, but not enough to allow the car to move.

Took a while to get used to it, but now I almost always get it right and can choose when it kicks in. I always stop and keep the engine running, then press the pedal further if I want the engine to stop.
I find the same system on my Audi A5 Auto a nightmare. I've lost count the number of times I've come to a momentary stop at a roundabout and as I got to pull off the engine cuts out as I've pressed the brake pedal too hard. To make matters worse it then takes a couple of seconds for the auto clutch to sort itself out and my car to actually pull away. Very very frustrating.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Welcome dae

I don't do technical, I just get in drive and enjoy ;)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Do you put the auto stop off then Saggy. I can't be bothered with faffing around with just putting the amount of pedal pressure on etc. Bang the auto stop off the first time it kicks in which hopefully isn't at a busy junction then dam and swear about it for a short period. It's leaving petrol stations where it's more annoying where traffic levels are higher.

Sure for those that are hanging the car still running your not dazzling the people behind rather than going on the parking braker for the DSG drivers which would stop the engine if autostop is active. I suspect so. I'm a good boy now, foot off the brake, high intensity light out, pressure on the gas and parking brake off on automatic and pull away.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
if high traffic intensity junction town or very very busy roundabout I switch off so doesn't auto come back on if I go to go and then brake again as gap not big enough

general density driving I don't
I watch and anticipate and do one of the ways to get her struck up (often by just jerking the steering wheel)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
High intensity driving in the south so best have the thing off. I did try out those light touch things today so I can see how people juggle it so as not to engage auto off to stop the engine, but life is too short for this and you just don't get the time to do light stops. If you were on a city start / stop crawl I can see that it would be useful to reduce pollution and may improve consumption but normal driving it isn't going to make much difference apart from being annoying. Probably mandated by the Swiss.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Silly question time... is stop start automatically available on all models and variants, or only on DSG ones?

Thanks! :)

Sorry I almost forgot... Welcome to the Forum Dae.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Leon said:
It's standard on all models/variants.
Thanks Leon... it looks as if it might be something to be quickly turned off then... unless, of course (like my wife's old Fiesta) when it didn't seem to operate when the air-con was turned on anyway!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you don't have DSG it only stops the engine if you shift into neutral and release the clutch. Engine starts again when you depress the clutch again

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.