Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.whatcar.com/news/how-to-spec-a-seat-ateca/?utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=Enews%20bulletins&utm_content=WCAR%20ENews%20Bulletin%20(04.05.2017)::Readme4&utm_source=20170504

I share because I am surprised with the expected saving they quote here of 3.4% off list.

The car I got had about 7.5% saving and I'm kicking myself a little because I later saw brokers offering about 10%. Still the biggest negotiation was getting the wife happy to buy it so I'm happy there haha. Also others on this forum have quoted a £4k saving which is frankly amazing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Interesting read I always thought the full rrp was just a made up figure to make it seem like you were getting a good deal but if it's not it works out I saved about 9.5% gutted I didn't haggle a bit more for a service pack and longer warranty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On a related note, I used CarWow to see what kind of deals were being offered and they were much much less. e.g. I could do a 400 mile trip to Scotland to save about 6% off list. Other dealers closer to London ranged from 5% down to zero!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
I used car wow then phoned all local dealers and asked if they could match or beat it as the best price was from Inverness
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, I did the same and despite initial protests that they couldn't match Inverness, magically when they sensed I was ready to buy, they managed to come up with further savings that actually exceeded Inverness! Also despite initially trying to rubbish the Inverness quote since it would cost an additional £500 to deliver it to me.

Lesson for me is that Carwow is ok, but for the Ateca, there are even better deals to be had. I think brokers offer a better guide on the level of discount potentially available, albeit you won't quite get that far since that will be dealing with the "corporate" side (i.e. business to business) of the dealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
If the "Build week pushed back a lot" thread is anything to go by I'm surprised SEAT are offering any discounts at all on the Ateca at present.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
JimH said:
If the "Build week pushed back a lot" thread is anything to go by I'm surprised SEAT are offering any discounts at all on the Ateca at present.....
Well that's the kind of message I got when talking to the sales guys at my favourite local Seat dealership (Seat only, very small and absolutely fantastic service department). They basically said demand was so high that there aren't really any deals to be had.

South/East London and surrounds have pretty poor coverage of Seat dealerships compared to the other brands which makes getting a discount harder.

Sad thing is, 2 months on from my order I'm being spammed to death by the other 'local' Seat dealer offering a week of savings of between £750-£3000. Too late for me, but I've learned that once the decision is made I need to stop looking otherwise I'll just get totally depressed.

Interesting article on WhatCar. I've notice the target prices have come down a little - when I first looked they were basically £50 less than list. I still managed a better than them, but didn't go with a broker (lesson learned for future purchases).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
I ordered mine from jcb Ashford although sidcup was closest or Maidstone but they couldn't match price
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually given what some are saying about wait times, if my car isn't registered by end Sep then I will be £1k worse off! Grrr! Dealer quoting terms and conditions at me and isn't going to honour the £1k discount voucher if the car is delayed. I'm defo going to fight this one now tho, rather than waiting till closer to Sep and be in a weaker position.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Good point I forgot the registration time period for vouchers to apply
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
Nikkijamie said:
I ordered mine from jcb Ashford although sidcup was closest or Maidstone but they couldn't match price
Yeah, Sidcup are my favourite Seat garage for servicing; always been brilliant with me - genuinely good folk.

I reckon though that because they're so small they can't really drop their prices (that and they are in SE London so a higher % of people with more money than sense market!). Shame really.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
kee said:
Actually given what some are saying about wait times, if my car isn't registered by end Sep then I will be £1k worse off! Grrr! Dealer quoting terms and conditions at me and isn't going to honour the £1k discount voucher if the car is delayed. I'm defo going to fight this one now tho, rather than waiting till closer to Sep and be in a weaker position.
and...

Nikkijamie said:
Good point I forgot the registration time period for vouchers to apply
Get on to Seat UK head office now then - it's been mentioned by some in the past that Seat head office has honoured the discount after expiry because of the production delays. Basically check the estimated build week then kick up a fuss about the voucher no longer valid because they can't build as fast as they advertise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Would this be worth a referral to the Advertising Standards Authority ? If Seat cannot meet the terms of the offer then the clause should be withdrawn. I am not a lawyer but perhaps we have an expert on board who can advise ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Etchings said:
Nikkijamie said:
I ordered mine from jcb Ashford although sidcup was closest or Maidstone but they couldn't match price
Yeah, Sidcup are my favourite Seat garage for servicing; always been brilliant with me - genuinely good folk.

I reckon though that because they're so small they can't really drop their prices (that and they are in SE London so a higher % of people with more money than sense market!). Shame really.
I live in North London and I ended up getting a discount via Watford (about 25 mins away for me). You're right though that my closer Seat dealer (Barnet) wasn't offering any discount, and nor did the other London dealers on Carwow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Etchings said:
kee said:
Actually given what some are saying about wait times, if my car isn't registered by end Sep then I will be £1k worse off! Grrr! Dealer quoting terms and conditions at me and isn't going to honour the £1k discount voucher if the car is delayed. I'm defo going to fight this one now tho, rather than waiting till closer to Sep and be in a weaker position.
and...

Nikkijamie said:
Good point I forgot the registration time period for vouchers to apply
Get on to Seat UK head office now then - it's been mentioned by some in the past that Seat head office has honoured the discount after expiry because of the production delays. Basically check the estimated build week then kick up a fuss about the voucher no longer valid because they can't build as fast as they advertise.
Yep, just emailed them. Message 1 of many I'm sure!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
Nick Bucks said:
Would this be worth a referral to the Advertising Standards Authority ? If Seat cannot meet the terms of the offer then the clause should be withdrawn. I am not a lawyer but perhaps we have an expert on board who can advise ?
'
Don't have to be an expert or a lawyer to work that one out.

As someone correctly points out, contact SEAT and ask if they will honour the promotion outside the period (it's best to write to them so you have a written reply), but there's nothing wrong with the wording of the promotion. If you're worried about not meeting the conditions then you are free to walk away. The only time 'lawyers' or advertising stds (or whatever the dept is called these days) will get involved is if you order a car based on the promotion and you don't receive your discount and then dealership refuse to cancel your order or retain your deposit. Always remember your contract is with the supplying dealership - not SEAT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I used carwow to see discounts available and indeed Inverness were tops at 9.4% on an Excellence or just shy of £2.5k. Waiting to order an FR but books don't open for another couple of weeks. That means that it is beyond the expiry date of the £1k voucher. Last time the vouchers expired the offers reduced to £500 so will see what happens this time. Also noticed that all the photos of the FR so far have the optional 19" alloys for an extra £680. Ouch!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
I managed to get my Ateca 1.4 Excellence in the best colour for a purchase price of 21.7k - a huge discount of approx. 13%. I am leasing with an option to buy after 4 years. I had originally ordered through SEAT but found this deal a few days later and then cancelled.
A much better offer through my broker with Close Brothers Car Finance. Saved myself approx. 3k over the course of the contract - amazing !! - My verdict, don't go through SEAT dealers, shop around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Nikkijamie said:
I ordered mine from jcb Ashford although sidcup was closest or Maidstone but they couldn't match price
What was your dealings with them like?? Not getting good feedback - and from my own experience - I'm not quite sure either!!!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top