Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! (from UK)

My wife & I Just ordered an Ateca Excellence (1.4tsi, Black Magic, 19" Alloys, Xcellence Pack & double boot shelf), we're 'upgrading' (in cost at least) from a 14 plate Leon FR (1.4tsi, Phantom Black, w/tech pack), which I'm already grieving for even though its still sat on my driveway :cry: Sadly for me, the wife was sold on the Ateca the minute the salesman demonstrated the power tailgate :roll: That said I am sure I will come to love the Ateca in time, but I would be happier if it had an fr badge and a cheaper price tag :lol:

Originally ordered in Rhodium Grey, but given the amount of black plastic on the Ateca I panicked after getting home and convinced the Mrs to let me change it to Black Magic to tie it in better with the bodywork, and as with our Leon, the LED's stand out strikingly against the black. Though I am now wandering if we should have stuck with the grey? Seems to look amazing in some pics but dull in others? Considering phoning the dealer to swap again? Any thoughts?

Been told to expect a 12 week wait for the build, given other comments on here that sounds optimistic, especially since the dealer admitted that a customer order placed in September was only delivered this week :eek: though he did say that was due to order having a tow bar.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Uggzy and welcome to the forum, think black magic really is the best colour the hide the black plastic around the bottom because I too was not all that keen on seeing it neither. One thing a would say with the black magic is, it does make the Ateca seems very classy and possibly up there with an audi for looks. Check out my pics with a few trims fitted on the members gallery just might help you make your mind up. :cool:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
welcome to the forum Uggzy

is uggzy a description of the sounds you make ~ caveman like?
Or do you have a penchant for sheepskin boots? ;)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcomes,

Taffy, you're right, definitely looks classier in black, we noticed the admiring looks our black Leon would get from other owners when parked beside their cars, did take a lot of washing & polishing to keep it looking that way mind. Just wandering if perhaps its time for a change, just that awful plastic putting me off the other colours, would also have gone for the extra trims if we had the funds ;)

And Saggy, not a fan of certain branded sheepskin boots but I am married to one, Could of added some more kit to our Ateca if it weren't the case :lol: Uggzy is the current cars nickname, always give our cars a nickname, sadly the reg plate on our Ateca doesn't lend itself to a nickname as easily, will have to get creative when it arrives

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Uggzy2014 said:
And Saggy, not a fan of certain branded sheepskin boots but I am married to one
takes all sorts :lol: :lol:

someone else here has a registration something like jzm ~ you can imagine their cars nickname :mrgreen:

hopefully you'll be inspired when you get her and a name will come easily :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
Uggzy2014 said:
And Saggy, not a fan of certain branded sheepskin boots but I am married to one
takes all sorts :lol: :lol:

someone else here has a registration something like jzm ~ you can imagine their cars nickname :mrgreen:

hopefully you'll be inspired when you get her and a name will come easily :D
Rojam is worried about the prospect of getting an RT17 plate, and Leon has AT17....but he's the jammy sod with AT...ECA :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
mcderms said:
Rojam is worried about the prospect of getting an RT17 plate, and Leon has AT17....but he's the jammy sod with AT...ECA :lol:
Mcderms - that is something I no longer have to loose sleepless night over. Dealer has confirmed they are in the range of RK17 EYx or EZx, making my choice soon.

Welcome, Uggzy - you'll find everyone really helpful here and have lots to share. Especially those that are already driving their Ateca.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.