Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello one & all!
I've finally signed-up (after much reading of the informative posts), so time to put my hear above the parapet and bid a warm hello to the group.

After much searching for my next car, after deciding I'm going for an SUV and quite near placing an order for the Audi Q2... I took the plunge and have ordered my Ateca!! Spec is detailed in my signature.

It turns out I was in Barcelona last year when they did the official launch down on the harbour. I remember being really impressed with the style of the Ateca. My hunting took me far & wide, if you name it, I looked at it! The irony that I've ended up where I started. I was so near going for the Q2 Sport but by off chance checked the Ateca site again and found it now came with the 1.4 150PS auto engine... that was the hook. The test drive was the clincher for me. All be it, it was the manual but I'd test drove the auto engine in the Q2, so know that its got what I was looking for (being shared across the VW Group).

I'm joining the club from being a Mini Roadster Cooper S (2 seater soft top) driver... I've been craving a larger car for some time and I think I've hit the sweet spot with the Ateca.

I've a few questions about some of the body accessories but I'll post those in the appropriate groups.

I look forward to lots of informative chat.

Here is the launch video I mentioned:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Nice to have seen it at the launch down at the harbour. I had to wait to slink into a trade show in the UK in May. The 1.4 TSI DSG has only just got into the UK price list.... in the last period of time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a complete flook, seeing the launch as we just happened to be down in Barcelona at that time!

It was also a flook that I looked at the Ateca again to see the engine... I didn't realise it was so new until I placed my order. I think it was fate!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Rojam said:
It was a complete flook, seeing the launch as we just happened to be down in Barcelona at that time!

It was also a flook that I looked at the Ateca again to see the engine... I didn't realise it was so new until I placed my order. I think it was fate!
Did they quote you a build / delivery date?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Golfmk56 said:
Did they quote you a build / delivery date?
No, no date quoted. The sales rep explained that order goes in on the factory system, we may get an initial date but one the order has been confirmed (?) then a build week will be provided. I was in contact today and no date as of yet :?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The provisional build date comes 2 - 4 weeks later all the rest is hot air from a dealer, just general terms. In the UK once you get your customer number you can phone up Seat Customer services for updates. About two weeks from the provisional build date that should become firm if there are no issues. A week to build. Then the discussion point of how long it takes to get to the UK. The customer number you get from the dealer once presumably it's put onto the Seat order system.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi Rojam, and welcome to the forum! :)

Like you, I very nearly placed an order for the Audi Q2 also... until I read about the Ateca, and then went to see one, which changed my mind completely. After that, and a bit of 'negotiating', it didn't take too long for me to choose the colour and level of trim etc.

As you can see I have also gone for the Rodium Grey, but have still to decide on whether to add any extra bits of chrome or not. I think I might just wait any see it 'in the flesh' first though!

The salesman did suggest that if I was interested in adding any extra accessories, or trim items, I had a word with him first, as he assured me that he would give me a better discount than their spares department, which is something I will bear in mind when the time comes!

Mine should have been built this week, so I will be calling SEAT again in a few days for progress report.... Roll on March! :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tell said:
The provisional build date comes 2 - 4 weeks later all the rest is hot air from a dealer, just general terms. In the UK once you get your customer number you can phone up Seat Customer services for updates. About two weeks from the provisional build date that should become firm if there are no issues. A week to build. Then the discussion point of how long it takes to get to the UK. The customer number you get from the dealer once presumably it's put onto the Seat order system.
Thank you, Tell - that makes more sense and is clearer. The waiting is the worst part!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Montala said:
Hi Rojam, and welcome to the forum! :)

Like you, I very nearly placed an order for the Audi Q2 also... until I read about the Ateca, and then went to see one, which changed my mind completely. After that, and a bit of 'negotiating', it didn't take too long for me to choose the colour and level of trim etc.

As you can see I have also gone for the Rodium Grey, but have still to decide on whether to add any extra bits of chrome or not. I think I might just wait any see it 'in the flesh' first though!

The salesman did suggest that if I was interested in adding any extra accessories, or trim items, I had a word with him first, as he assured me that he would give me a better discount than their spares department, which is something I will bear in mind when the time comes!

Mine should have been built this week, so I will be calling SEAT again in a few days for progress report.... Roll on March! :)
Thank you, Montala. I know I've a better deal choosing the Ateca over the Q2. I have to say, although it was manual, I think I enjoyed the drive in the Ateca a lot more than the Q2 (although, that was a auto, which I've decided to go for). I'll just have to take mine out on the country roads & lanes of Berkshire & Oxford to get that same enjoyment as my test drive!!

The wait, after placing the order, is excruciating and it's not even been a week yet. I just want dates... but have to wait for those too. Excruciating! I look forward to your pics and if you decided for go for the 'chrome' accessories. I think I'm definitely going to add the side door mouldings though.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rojam :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Saggy said:
Welcome to the forum Rojam :)
Thank you... nice to be here with fellow owners, although, I'm not technically an owner yet! :oops:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts