Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I've been reading this forum for the last week having only decided to finally change my car in the last week.
So, I'm pretty set on the 1.4 petrol Xcellence model. But I can't decide on colour.
I love Black Magic, but I've owned 2 black cars previously. Loved them but would be nice to change. The only other colour which appeals is rodium grey. I've seen both in a dealers today and my sticking points are:
Is black magic too dark with the dark interior roof?
Will black be a nightmare to keep looking clean?
Is the grey a bit dull in the cold hard light of day? I was pretty set on the the grey until I saw it outside at the dealers, in the rain, looking a bit, well, grey!

Any comments will be welcome. The colour I would really love, a dark deep red just isn't an option. It's a shame because I do find the colour options a bit limited really.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
colour is too subjective for anyone else to help really

every colour seems to be like marmite on here ~ loved or hated ~ even between the two whites lol

welcome to the forum btw

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I know it's difficult to advise on colour, I just wondered if anyone had any pearls of wisdom as I can't decide. I think I prefer the black to be honest, just trying to not be stuck in a colour rut!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome to the Ateca club, don't let the black interior put you off, I was going for the sun roof to make the cabin a bit brighter but changed mind at last minute, so I too was concerned about how dark it would be inside the cabin. No need to worry as some how it's still light and you don't even think about it. Black magic is a great colour, but does need to be kept clean to make it stand out. :cool: Happy shopping. :roll: Take a look in members gallery was polished and waxed with few added trims. Stunning. :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi!
Thanks, I've just had a look on the gallery and the blank magic does look gorgeous. It's good to know that the interior doesn't feel too dark too.
I'd better get the car washing/polishing system sorted then!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Rodium grey won't show up every little mark or blemish the way black does. I've had several black cars and they are out & out the hardest to keep looking pristine, and believe me I try :lol:
No car will ever look as good, reflective and glossy as a highly polished black, but the Rodium Grey does it justice :D
Here endeth my biased opinion :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
979 Posts
What about this one I saw today at my dealers? I think it's Jungle green :D Don't remember anyone else on the forum picking this, so it would be pretty unique :D

Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Vehicle registration plate

Or you could go with one of the whites, but this seems to be very popular. The dealer actually had three of them in :eek:

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Kindness71 said:
What about this one I saw today at my dealers? I think it's Jungle green :D Don't remember anyone else on the forum picking this, so it would be pretty unique :D
Yes it's Jungle Green and no - not that unique. There was another Jungle sitting next to mine when I collected it earlier this week. :lol:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Bellaroony said:
Hi!
I've been reading this forum for the last week having only decided to finally change my car in the last week.
So, I'm pretty set on the 1.4 petrol Xcellence model. But I can't decide on colour.
I love Black Magic, but I've owned 2 black cars previously. Loved them but would be nice to change. The only other colour which appeals is rodium grey. I've seen both in a dealers today and my sticking points are:
Is the grey a bit dull in the cold hard light of day? I was pretty set on the the grey until I saw it outside at the dealers, in the rain, looking a bit, well, grey!

Any comments will be welcome. The colour I would really love, a dark deep red just isn't an option. It's a shame because I do find the colour options a bit limited really.
Hi Bellaroony,

I am in the same boat as you and would like to appeal to all Rodium Grey owners on the forum to share as many High Res images of your Ateca as possible please! Not from too close up either, get the whole car in them! :)

I placed my Ateca order about 2 weeks ago now, my wife chose Rodium after seeing it in the show room, at first I was okay with that, but as soon as we test drove the shiny Black demonstrator I changed my mind and persuaded the Mrs to order black instead.
The problem here is we didn't get to see the Rodium Ateca in natural light and it had SE-Tech wheels, not the 19" machined alloys we had ordered with ours so we didn't really give the grey a fair chance and left the dealer feeling a bit unsure we had done the right thing by sticking with another black car :oops:

Rodium shows off the lines better, while black can hide them too much, I've also noticed that the off road trims don't seem to look as good against the black as other colours, but black does the best job of blending in the ugly plastic skirting trim, and the LED's stand out better against it, tho tbh I haven't seen or found pics of a grey one with them lit (Rodium owners, hint, hint) :D

We currently own a black Leon Fr so I can advise you that if you go for black and want it to look good you will need to wash/polish/wax at least once a week to avoid it looking like an old car with no lines and faded paint. If you do that it will stand out from the crowd, but even then some of the sleek lines that you see on other colours won't show up as well and if you don't do a great job on it the sun's rays will show off all the scratches and watermarks :(

Black is a labour of love and not all cars suit it, but imo the Ateca does and it is one of its best colours, but then so is Rodium Grey! :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Kindness71 said:

jungle green.jpg

Or you could go with one of the whites, but this seems to be very popular. The dealer actually had three of them in :eek:

white.jpg
That jungle green looks a lot darker than every other pic I have seen??? Usually it looks a much lighter green. Has Seat improved the colour or is it just the lighting in this image, would love it in a military green like that! ;)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Uggzy2014 said:
That jungle green looks a lot darker than every other pic I have seen??? Usually it looks a much lighter green. Has Seat improved the colour or is it just the lighting in this image, would love it in a military green like that! ;)
It certainly does. I wasn't that keen on it even in the showroom but in natural light it's much more like silver with a hint of colour thru it. We've already had many folk come up and say they love the colour. It's only in the shade that Jungle tends to darken down.

Colour 100% subjective. Already made my views on colour known elsewhere but basically:

Ateca is a small car and my rule is large cars dark colour, small cars light colour. I don't like black on Ateca as 1: dark colours don't show the creases in the body panels and 2: Xcellence trim's tinted rear windows make them look like vans. I don't like lava either, car doesn't have any life to it. Best dark colour is Grey because it can look green or blue or... well grey depending on the light. But everyone has grey!

Best colour overall IMO is silver in Xcellence trim but again, I'm sick of owning silver cars. Samoa is a marmite colour, you love it or hate it - i fall in to the latter catagory. Everytime I look at it I think of Dale Winton or David Dickenson and that's enough to put anyone off.

Cappuccino was easily my favorite, light colours show the creases in the panels better and when the light shines on it, shows different shades of colour. Alas Cappuccino is not available in the UK market. So Jungle (I hate that name) or Milo were the only options for me.

What about white or red? Hairdressers drive Bilo, Hairstylists drive Nevada and Saggy bought a red one. Enough said. :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Uggzy2014 said:
Bellaroony said:
Hi!

Hi Bellaroony,

I am in the same boat as you and would like to appeal to all Rodium Grey owners on the forum to share as many High Res images of your Ateca as possible please! Not from too close up either, get the whole car in them! :)

I placed my Ateca order about 2 weeks ago now, my wife chose Rodium after seeing it in the show room, at first I was okay with that, but as soon as we test drove the shiny Black demonstrator I changed my mind and persuaded the Mrs to order black instead.
The problem here is we didn't get to see the Rodium Ateca in natural light and it had SE-Tech wheels, not the 19" machined alloys we had ordered with ours so we didn't really give the grey a fair chance and left the dealer feeling a bit unsure we had done the right thing by sticking with another black car :oops:

Rodium shows off the lines better, while black can hide them too much, I've also noticed that the off road trims don't seem to look as good against the black as other colours, but black does the best job of blending in the ugly plastic skirting trim, and the LED's stand out better against it, tho tbh I haven't seen or found pics of a grey one with them lit (Rodium owners, hint, hint) :D

We currently own a black Leon Fr so I can advise you that if you go for black and want it to look good you will need to wash/polish/wax at least once a week to avoid it looking like an old car with no lines and faded paint. If you do that it will stand out from the crowd, but even then some of the sleek lines that you see on other colours won't show up as well and if you don't do a great job on it the sun's rays will show off all the scratches and watermarks :(

Black is a labour of love and not all cars suit it, but imo the Ateca does and it is one of its best colours, but then so is Rodium Grey! :D
My Rodium Grey if you haven't stumbled over it yet in the members gallery

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=333

It's a cameleon colour, blue in the sun, will turn to green in gloomy lighting or covered in condensation. Looking at the jungle green picture that probably starts off on the green it goes at times. Whilst Rodium Grey is similar to those Audi colours, two of them you see that I've forgotten the name off, it does have more blue in it. The blue might even be coming from the reflection of the sky but that would be telling the secrets of the paint.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
What about white or red? Hairdressers drive Bilo, Hairstylists drive Nevada and Saggy bought a red one. Enough said. :D
Oii !! :lol:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Tell said:
Uggzy2014 said:
Bellaroony said:
Hi!

Hi Bellaroony,

My Rodium Grey if you haven't stumbled over it yet in the members gallery

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=333

It's a cameleon colour, blue in the sun, will turn to green in gloomy lighting or covered in condensation. Looking at the jungle green picture that probably starts off on the green it goes at times. Whilst Rodium Grey is similar to those Audi colours, two of them you see that I've forgotten the name off, it does have more blue in it. The blue might even be coming from the reflection of the sky but that would be telling the secrets of the paint.
Thanks Tell, popped into the garage this afternoon and changed it to Rodium! Just in time as well since it is soon to be locked down. We were told build is scheduled for week 15 (mid April) and to expect delivery before end of the same month :D

The black demostrator was looking amazing today but my wife and I feel its time for a change and I'm looking forward to not having to wash it so often :lol:

Very nearly changed to Jungle green but weren't feeling brave enough as there was no example in the showroom to compare, so I'm glad to hear you say it looks green at times. The grey also looked very close to the black in the show room lighting so I feel I've now got the best of both worlds and cant wait to get my hands on it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
I don't like lava either, car doesn't have any life to it.
I understand colour is subjective but i can't disagree with you more, and i'm not biased, honest.

Since i got mine the Lava blue has looked a different colour every time i look at it and in certain lights can look multi-toned. I would never have picked it but after seeing it in person i loved it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi!
You're all really helpful, thanks for the honesty. Browny colours are out for me as Mr Bellaroony is colour blind and can't distinguish browns and greens from each other. He says they look a non-descript splodge.
I love how the rodium looks in the showroom, but I am magnetically drawn to black cars! It's a bad habit. My current car is a very very old silver skoda Octavia- it's knackered, it was bought for getting us through a tight spot, but i never want a silver car again!

I agree, black is a nightmare to keep shiny. I've had a black golf and an x3, loved them both but they took some work. I don't have the same time to devote to car polishing as I once did, so grey may be the compromise.

The passion red just doesn't do it for me! Sorry!

·
Registered
20 Posts
We went in with the intention of ordering the grey but there was a Nevada white and we feel in love with that, the day ours was delivered, a jungle green was also delivered!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After all the great help from here I've caved in and ordered Black Magic today. I'm sure I'll still question whether it's the right decision though. I do still love the rodium grey and at this point last week would have ordered grey!
Thanks for all of your pics and wisdom &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bellaroony said:
Hi!

I found it really hard to pick a colour when ordering mine, the colours on the configuration are most definitely not the same as when they roll off the production line (Java Blue being a prime example)..
I had a Rhodium Grey Atece in Xcellence on demo for a week, the colour was lovely, even in miserable weather! (attached)
all 3 of ours have the Panoramic Roof option which will obviously reduce the dark roof lining.

I went for Mato Brown. in the end, I forced myself to put all the colours I liked into a hat and pick one.. I'm extremely happy with the choice having now seen pictures of the colour in different lighting etc!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts