Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good morning everyone.

I have had similar issues in the past with other cars, and once with my Ateca, even though at the time, the wiper blades were only 4 months old. I cleaned the blades with vinegar (a recommended remedy) but the juddering still persisted. Turned out it was road film on the windscreen. I cleaned it thoroughly with sugar soap solution and gave it a good rinse and problem solved. Smooth wiper operation.
I now clean the windscreen like this every couple of weeks (particularly in winter) to keep the wiper action smooth and clear.

Wilber6

·
Registered
78 Posts
Seems to be the luck of the draw. Mine have been perfect from day one and still are, 5 months and 6k miles later. Best wipers I've ever had.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I replaced my rear wiper a while back because the noise was horrendous, but only just replaced the fronts after 2 years and 9 months after one of them split. Both front and back are now Bosch and everything quiet again :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Same thing. Just replaced with Bosche and fine since then. 1year and going without problems. The wipers motor is noisy though

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone else think the wipers are noisy, grunching and squeeking across the windscreen in heavy rain. Car is only six months old and the wipers have got steadily worse and with the heavy rain today it's dreadfull.....
Once bought cheap ones which did that, never again, used Bosch ones since so I'll be fitting them the first chance I get.

Dave
My 2019 seat ateca is exactly the same really noisy wipers especially the rear wiper,tried everything suggested and still noisy

·
Registered
277 Posts
Bosch are what I fitted to replace the crap juddering squeaking SEAT originals at 6 months old. Been silent now for over a year.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts