Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ordered mid december delivery is due end of march excited to be getting a new car currently have seat ibiza 1.2 se with dsg gearbox was going to miss that feature as new ateca has been ordered in manual. However 2 days after listing ibiza for sale dsg has broken currently waiting diagnostic at seat local dealer but a quick google of the problem brought up a load of problems with the dsg i was unaware of hopefully the ateca one is imune to problems for all those who have ordered one with the dsg gearbox

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome to the forum :) interesting about DSG transmission. We're happy enough with the manual :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally heard back from the garage faulty mechatronic unit quoted around £1800 and the car has only done 35000 miles and has been regularly serviced

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Imcle5 said:
Finally heard back from the garage faulty mechatronic unit quoted around £1800 and the car has only done 35000 miles and has been regularly serviced
Eek :(

Warranty run out presumably?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it is 4 years and 2 months old so no warranty seems a common problem and apparently the mechatronic fault tends to occur between 30 and 40 thousand miles so feeling less enthusiastic towards seat today just glad new ateca will come with a manual so i wont be worrying about it

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:(

A lot of the google results relate to old technology - not all but a large proportion

I believe you have to make sure you do have DSG box oil change on plan and correct types of oil used too

I'm not sure if that is followed what % more failure you get than on a manual box though

I had an old golf with DSG that had over 100k on clock with no issue

Non of that helps you though :(

What a pants position to be in

This is one that would be debated like gap is - do you take Gap insurance, do you extend warranty to 5 year etc etc

Sometimes damned if you do and damned if you don't

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have £3000 finance left on it and it is worth around £6000 till it broke genuinely consider scrappping it and taking the hit reather than fixing it my father had a passat dsg with his he ended up around £5000 at vw garage same thing around 4yr old no warranty and it was a fault with the dsg

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Saggy said:
I believe you have to make sure you do have DSG box oil change on plan and correct types of oil used too
The DSG7 on the 1.4tsi 2WD is a dry clutch version and is sealed for life and maintenance free, so no oil change. It's the same with the cam belt - no change required at any point.

As far as I know all the other variants are wet clutch and require an oil change.

Welcome back by the way ;) ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah mine on the ibiza i believe is the dsg 7 with 1.2 tsi until this fault loved it was great to drive

1 - 10 of 10 Posts