Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just taken delivery of a beautiful Ateca 1.0 TSi SE Tech Eco and have found that the gear change is "notchie" especially when moving from 3rd into 4th. Initially it wouldn't go into 4th but now I have found if I put slight pressure to the left it goes in. The more I drive it the easier it gets probably because I am automatically compensating. Is it me or have others been having problems?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had a similar "reluctance" Art but can'r remember if mine was going into 3rd or 3-4. Either way it resolved itself with use and without any crunches. I warned my wife about it too and she's not mentioned anything since. Strangely, any car she drives normally feels faster, but on this she's firmly convinced about the Eco aspect of the suggested gears when my ears and other senses normally tell me to change.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I too noticed notchiness to the changes, I did grind one gear change on the way home from the dealers. Mine is also a 1.0 tsi. Have yours now loosened up?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
My Leon had a similar problem when it was new. It soon went away, certainly by the time it was run in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes thankfully it has eased or have I just got used to it. Either way I have stopped stressing about it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes very notchey even after 12k. Wife's gearbox on Fabia 1.6 diesel far smoother in operation.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I sometimes find going down into 2nd can be a bit clonky if I try and do it too quickly. I'm on 4,000 miles and it is getting better with mileage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts