Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Bill from Nuneaton here, ordered my new Ateca last week and seemingly Samoa Orange has a longer wait time.
Currently a Leon FR owner and hugely disappointed with my local dealer who wouldn't budge from £500 discount. When I showed them my brokers quotes he muttered something about them possibly utilising "loyalty" discounts - after pointing out that it was funny that this was the first time he had mentioned the word loyalty I was out the door.
I've now entered the world of online car brokers and after much research have shelved any early concerns and now have a lovely Ateca on order with a nice £2,300 discount using AutoeBid.
I probably aim to keep this for around 10 years so decided to splash out on a few bells and whistles - even at age 57 boys still like their toys I guess.
Anyway I'll sit back and see all the pics and info cropping up here which will do nothing but fuel my excitement even more as I wait, wait, wait
Happy Christmas to all.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hello gents and welcome to the forum

Hope the wait isn't too long Bill

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Bill and welcome to the Ateca club, I too had a quote from autoebid, as of all the brokers on line they had the best reviews, but as the ateca was fairly new could not offer much discount, approx £1700.00, which was good enough for me as bought Toyota RAV 4 a few years back and had no problems using a broker. Took the broker price to dealership and they not only matched it but bettered it, so obviously used main seat dealer. The wait will fly by and your area will be on the drive before you know it. :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Back in June / July it was pretty nothing on Autoebid and Broadspeed were jokers posting up phoney discounts which they had to keep retracting when you tried to order against them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rob142 said:
Hi bill
I'm from Nuneaton too, what lead time have you been quoted on your Ateca?
Rob
Hi Rob
Early talk is March 2017 but that fits with what the main dealer was saying for any colour but Orange, otherwise they were saying it would maybe be double that.
Once the holiday us out the way I'll get a more accurate date, although I fear it's only accurate until something changes !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it seems that the hype regarding extra long wait times for Samoa Orange / 1.4 TSI combination is unfounded. Only last week I was being given the June/July estimate then out of the blue today, an e mail saying my car is arriving shortly and to call to arrange collection !
Caught me on the hop to be honest as I wanted to have a go at maximising the return on my 3 year old Leon FR by selling through Auto Trader and I'm away most of the week this week so I may be delaying play time with my new toy after such a wait.
The reality though is I don't think early Jan to to Mid/Late March is much longer than most so it's all good !

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhhh I forgot that thanks - another result !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.