Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

After some recent work on my car (where the dash board was taken out), it seems my odometer has been reset.

Has anyone else had work done on their dash resulting in it being disconnected? Prior to having the work done (annoying rattle thread), I had driven around 1000 miles. Now the car is saying 340 odd.

Toggling between the 3 options the car gives you for, since the ignition was turned on this journey, since the car was last refuelled and the last one which I assume is total miles driven. Its the last one which has been reset.

The car will be going in for a third investigation into the vibration noise and I'll raise this with the dealer, just wondering if anyone else had found anything similar.

Cheers

Fitz

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
That is not designed to be the odometer as such, that is a separate display at the bottom of the MFD. That should definitely not be reset. The one associated with fuel consumption can be reset any time you like.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yeah, there's going to be various 'Trip' displays on the MFD which you can reset etc.

NOTE: Don't have my Ateca (yet) so what I suggest below is speculation; other owners will be able to confim!

The Odometer itself can't be reset by design (or shouldn't be able to - need to avoid the old practice of 'clocking' cars). Only time I've heard of an odometer being reset is when my dad's Golf MkIV had a faulty speedo under-reading by 10mph so they replaced the whole dash unit with a new one and that included a brand new zero'd odometer in the mix.

If you just turn the ignition on do you get a display of the present mileage? It's quite common in VWAG cars for a single line to appear with total mileage and then when you set off that gets hidden by all the other information from the trip computer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I scrolled through loads of other views on the dash and main screen to see if I could find total mileage. I'll have a look when I turn the ignition on to see if it pops up anywhere.

Cheers

Fitz

·
Registered
46 Posts
Fitz said:
Thanks for the replies. I scrolled through loads of other views on the dash and main screen to see if I could find total mileage. I'll have a look when I turn the ignition on to see if it pops up anywhere.

Cheers

Fitz
I had my complete dash panel replaced due to a faulty rev counter. When the car was returned to me, the total mileage was correct but trip meter and the 3 readings of fuel consumption restarted from zero i.e. the previous stored readings were deleted.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would imagine that the total mileage is stored in the ECU or whatever it's called, therefore nothing to do with the physical dashboard components.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If engine is running, turn off cruise control. (by pushing the lever all the way forward) Mileage will appear in the lower left corner of the display between speedo and rev counter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all.

Clearly I should have looked a bit harder. As you have all suggested the total mileage shows when the ignition is turned off.

Chrand, thanks for that I'll have a look at your suggestion later. Most of my mileage is motorway, so I use cruise control all the time.

Thanks again for all the replies.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Agreed - push the Cruise Control stalk/arm all the way back and the odometer will appear where the CC info was

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have exactly the same query. The "distance" options show "since start", "since refuel" and "long term". The latter was always the total mileage of the car until one day at about 2500-3000 miles it suddenly reset itself to zero for no reason whatsoever. It hasn't been in the garage and I can think of no explanation as to why it did it.
I know that the total mileage shows with cruise control off, but what then is the "long term" figure relating to? Also does that have an impact on the long term mpg read out too? The long term driving time was also reset.
Anyone any idea a)why all the "long term" figures have reset and b) what "long term" now means?
I may take get Leaseplan to book me in at the Seat dealer to investigate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chrand said:
If engine is running, turn off cruise control. (by pushing the lever all the way forward) Mileage will appear in the lower left corner of the display between speedo and rev counter.
Just perfect! Thank you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts