Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been googling pics of Ateca's with the off road trim accessories to get an idea how they look, also photoshopped a couple of images to see how different alloy combinations and angles affect looks, more to help myself decide what to get than anything else but might help those of you planning on ordering decide on colours & accessories. Already bought chrome the sill trims to go on ours when it arrives, here you go... :D

Samoa Orange w/SE Tech Wheels

Samoa Orange w/19" Alloys (Photoshopped)

Rodium Grey w/19" Alloys

Rodium Grey SE Tech Wheels

Black Magic

Black Magic Alternate angle (Photoshopped)

Nevada White w/Orange

Nevada White w/Red

·
Registered
979 Posts
Nice bit of photoshopping there :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes, some useful comparisons.

The default SE wheels are "Dynamic" and the SE Technology gets those nicer ones you've shown. I wasn't a fan of the SE "Dynamic" wheels on mine but they look better in reality than they do on the configurator. Already sorted my insurance to cover the upgrade required.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kindness71 said:
Nice bit of photoshopping there :D
Thanks Kindness, had a go at changing mirror cover colours as well but the results werent worth sharing 😁 Have to say I really regret not going for samoa orange now, looks incredible with the trims on!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Niggly said:
Yes, some useful comparisons.

The default SE wheels are "Dynamic" and the SE Technology gets those nicer ones you've shown. I wasn't a fan of the SE "Dynamic" wheels on mine but they look better in reality than they do on the configurator. Already sorted my insurance to cover the upgrade required.
Yes I forgot it was the SE Tech, well pointed out :)

I actually went back to the garage after ordering the Excellence to ask why I had just spent all that extra money when the SE tech was less expensive and comes with nicer alloys as standard, sadly my wife decided the leather interior and ambient lighting which are the only notable differences were worth the extra cost :roll:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Uggzy2014 said:
I actually went back to the garage after ordering the Excellence to ask why I had just spent all that extra money when the SE tech was less expensive and comes with nicer alloys as standard, sadly my wife decided the leather interior and ambient lighting which are the only notable differences were worth the extra cost :roll:
Better be careful or this could turn in to the "What did the Romans do for us" sketch from Life of Brian...

Yes but apart from the leather and ambient lighting, what did I spend that extra money on?

Well there's the heated seats and LED interior lighting...

Yes but apart from heated seats and interior LED, what do I get for the extra money?

Err you get tinted rear windows and gloss black trim.

Well of course you do, but apart from the leather and ambient and LED and gloss back, why the extra money?

Black headlining? headlight wash-wipe? reversing camera? And don't forget keyless entry!

Yeh yeh yeh - I know all that, but what I'm saying is why do I get for the extra outlay? There's no difference. :lol:

I almost went back to the dealer to double check the price difference between the SE TEch and Xcellence as the latter seemed a no-brainer.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Each to their own I suppose :D As someone else on the forum pointed out you wouldnt need heated seats if it werent for the cold leather, Cant say I particuarly enjoyed driving along with my bottom overheating on our test drive either... :lol:

The all black interior looks naff imo, too dark and bland for uk weather (some reviewers seem to agree), as does the gloss piano black fingerprint magnet trim. At least the SE tech breaks the wall of black up a bit with the lighter roof lining.

As I said in another thread, the leon fr does a better job with interior trim, offering durable fabric seats with leather bolsters, while doors are still black leather and plastics feel a bit softer than atecas and dash has a metalic grey surrounding and matt plastic switch panel as aposed to piano black. Why seat didn't stick to this i dont know, cost cutting I expect.

The standard wheels on the excellence that look as exciting as a trip to the in-laws forcing you to fork out £650 for the diamond cut ones make the SE tech a lot more enticing. In my case I was able to build an SE tech with most of the kit the excellence had bar the leather heated seats plus a sunroof and it came to the same price as the excellence I had ordered with no sunroof thanks to not having to pay for the uprgaded wheels...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Worth pointing out that a lot of the cars pictured here are available to buy now from dealers on the approved used section of the Seat UK website and you could probably save yourself a lengthy wait time and some money if you aren't bothered about it only having delivery miles... ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Obviously everyone has different opinions but for me the cloth interior with the blue looks terrible and cheap... looks like something you would see in a bog standard KA.

I do like the alloys on the SE tech but prefer the 18 inch rims that come with the xcellence... I could have upgraded to the 19s but thought the standard ones looked simple and classier.

Each to their own though!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scott1988 said:
Obviously everyone has different opinions but for me the cloth interior with the blue looks terrible and cheap... looks like something you would see in a bog standard KA.

I do like the alloys on the SE tech but prefer the 18 inch rims that come with the xcellence... I could have upgraded to the 19s but thought the standard ones looked simple and classier.

That's very true, it definitely comes down to personal taste :D

I don't particularly like the blue cloth either, but they could have made the leather a bit less boring.

I wish they had copied the pre-2017 facelift Leon Fr upholstry and perhaps offered an all-leather interior as an option?
Just don't understand where they were going with the Ateca upholstery, usually you'd expect neutral coloured fabrics in standard models & a choice of fancy fabric/leather options in high end fr & Cupra models.

Maybe I'm just opinionated, but I don't feel the Ateca interior hits the happy medium that satisfies the majority, luckily my wife agrees with me :lol:

As for Alloys, we will have to agree to disagree on that one! :lol:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Scott1988 said:

"Each to their own", as you say, but as one who intentionally chose the cloth interior, rather than leather, I still think that it looks very smart indeed, and is complemented by the Rodium Grey' paint finish, which I also went for.

I might be completely wrong of course, (and if I am I apologise!) but I guess that you are one of the 'younger generation', rather than a pensioner, like myself, who perhaps prefers a slightly more 'traditional' (although IMHO still very attractive) appearance.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Montala said:
Scott1988 said:

"Each to their own", as you say, but as one who intentionally chose the cloth interior, rather than leather, I still think that it looks very smart indeed, and is complemented by the Rodium Grey' paint finish, which I also went for.

I might be completely wrong of course, (and if I am I apologise!) but I guess that you are one of the 'younger generation', rather than a pensioner, like myself, who perhaps prefers a slightly more 'traditional' (although IMHO still very attractive) appearance.
Leather is more of a marmite thing than an age thing, I'm in my early thirties and always choose cloth or a cloth/leather combination over all-leather seats :)

I agree with others though that the blue cloth is dissapointing given that the colours aren't neutral, so unless you go for rodium grey or a blue then it clashes with the car, and in terms of texture it felt rough & cheap :?

You only have to look round the Leons and Ibizas in the same showroom to see that Seat are perfectly capable of fitting seats with fabrics that aren't just blue and have a nicer feel to them.

That said it a minor peeve and personally I would have gone for SE tech over Excellence if the mrs hadn't taken such a disliking to the blue interior as I would have got my desired spec for less.

Seems that the UK has been given the runt of the litter in terms of available options, not just on interiors but on engine/gearbox combos, paint colours etc. I quite like Cappucino beige as a colour on the Ateca, but we cant order that here :roll:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I like Cappucino too or the rosso brunello colour would have been under consideration

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Found a nice shot of an Ateca with the off road Bumper on so I had another little play on photoshop :D

Tried to match the colours as close as I could with real world examples, but some are a long way off, I'd like to think it might help visualise the trim a bit better until some real photos start showing up, at the very least it killed some time! :lol:

White (Original Photo)

Rodium Grey

Samoa Orange

Passion Red

Jungle Green

Black Magic

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Found this beauty on the web today! :eek:

Wishing I hadn't changed from black again now! :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
One of the reasons I went for an SE was to avoid the VW group leather. Had an Octavia with alcantara/ leather seats . The alcantara bits stood up well to use but the leather on the seat bolsters was rubbish and became damaged very quickly .

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Noworkin said:
One of the reasons I went for an SE was to avoid the VW group leather. Had an Octavia with alcantara/ leather seats . The alcantara bits stood up well to use but the leather on the seat bolsters was rubbish and became damaged very quickly .
I haven't had that issue with the bolsters on my Mk3 Leon, it's 3 years old now and they still look brand new, I love the combination as aposed to all-leather or all-fabric.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Uggzy2014 said:
Wishing I hadn't changed from black again now! :lol:
Not need to wish at all... the Rodium Grey looks absolutely super, and I am sure you will be delighted with your new Ateca... I certainly am! :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was asked by a forum member to photoshop the Ateca to see how it might look with colour coded bumpers and Blacked out off road trim parts similar to Audi's "Black edition" cars, this was the result...

Rodium grey (as close as I could get anyway)...

Same again but with Silver Fog Covers as apposed to Black...

Silver...

Obviously this is a render and involved a lot of cutting and editing so some of the proportions & colours will be slightly out.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just been over to the Seat UK website and discovered that using the car configurator (page that lets you build an Ateca to your desired spec) you can now view the car with the 'Sportline Pack' (aka, fancy trim add-ons)...

To see it you have to select the car in SE Tech trim or below (doesn't let you add it for Xcellence Trim unfortunately) and then choose the 'Sportline Pack' add on from the optional 'Equipment' list. Looks like they have also updated the way colours display to more accurately represent real world colours imo, though that's never going to be perfect.

Very handy to those of you who are thinking about investing in the extra trims!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts