Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just collected my ateca from holdcroft dealership after having a full workshop inspection only to find the oil level is in my opinion to high above the MAX level garage replied it is nothing to be concerned about your thoughts please.
The oil level should be between the Max and Min mark. That amount of extra oil will damage your engine

·
Registered
37 Posts
As Jeff says, it can cause serious problems. Search online for 'crankcase oil foaming', print it off and hand it to the service advisor when you take your car back to get them to do it properly :mad:

·
Registered
268 Posts
The oil level should be between the Max and Min mark. That amount of extra oil will damage your engine
I think it’s a bit extreme to say it it WILL cause damage. Yes, it’s over-filled, but not grossly so - the difference between min and max is about 1 litre, so it’s got maybe 1/2l too much, unlikely in the extreme to result in crankcase foaming and potential subsequent damage.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think it’s a bit extreme to say it it WILL cause damage. Yes, it’s over-filled, but not grossly so - the difference between min and max is about 1 litre, so it’s got maybe 1/2l too much, unlikely in the extreme to result in crankcase foaming and potential subsequent damage.
The picture to me looked to be about a litre over the max mark, but whether its a litre or a half i wouldn't drive around with it like that till the next service, especially as its such a simple fix

·
Registered
37 Posts
As Jeff says, it can cause serious problems. Search online for 'crankcase oil foaming', print it off and hand it to the service advisor when you take your car back to get them to do it properly :mad:
Better still, print off page 316 of the Ateca owner's manual to give to them to read; especially the caution section about overfilling the oil.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Here in Spain, when your car is MOTd they check the oil level and if its above the max mark its an instant failure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts