Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another phone call from my dealer, keeping me up to date with my 1.4 DSG order/build/delivery date.
Deposit paid Jauary 6th,order placed on January 9th .
So far build dates have gone from week 21 (May 22nd) to week 11(March 13th) and yesterday stated to be week 29 !!! Which my dealer says they have got back down to week 12 ! With delivery late April ( once again loosing the £1000 discount! ) Why do these dates keep changing?
Having found a potential private buyer for my current car Honda CRV for April, I wonder if I am going to loose out on this as well, at least the forum is keeping me entertained. Still haven't seen one on the roads around W Mids .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I ordered my 1.4 dsg on 11 January.
Following a phone call yesterday, my dealer says it is to be built next week, with a delivery date approx 3-4 weeks later. So I'm hoping for delivery around the end of March.
I hope my dealer's correct and the date doesn't change. This was the only time I've spoken to him since ordering, so I don't know if the build date had previously changed.
I'll call him again in a few weeks, to check it was built as planned.
Good luck with your dates.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
BrianP said:
I ordered my 1.4 dsg on 11 January.
Following a phone call yesterday, my dealer says it is to be built next week, with a delivery date approx 3-4 weeks later. So I'm hoping for delivery around the end of March.
I hope my dealer's correct and the date doesn't change. This was the only time I've spoken to him since ordering, so I don't know if the build date had previously changed.
I'll call him again in a few weeks, to check it was built as planned.
Good luck with your dates.
Wow Brian you must have some patience. I ended up calling SEAT customer services at least once a week when I knew my car was about to be built, and tracked it pretty much all the way including gps of the ship carrying it. :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Atecaamateur said:
Kindness - you really tracked the ship by GPS???
lol yeah, the dealer gave me the name of the transporter ship my car had been loaded on and I found a website with shipping real-time tracking. Here's the link if you want to have a look through my tracking :D

http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=565
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Ordered my Ateca in Feb original date from dealer was July which I think was the standard delivery time they were quoting to everyone. Called them yesterday and it is unconfirmed but looking at week 10 build.

I hope it gets confirmed next week as that could mean delivery to the dealers before Easter which would be ideal with the long weekend to familiarise myself with the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
BrianP said:
I ordered my 1.4 dsg on 11 January.
Following a phone call yesterday, my dealer says it is to be built next week, with a delivery date approx 3-4 weeks later. So I'm hoping for delivery around the end of March.
Hi Brian, do you recall if there was mention of this being build week 8 (which I believe next week will be)? This is the provisional build week that I was given. My dealer has said he'll call next week to confirm. But I'm curious is the DSGs are tracking as on-time for build.

When I spoke with Seat customer services a few weeks back, the operative believed there were delays with the DSG models.

Thanks,
Jamie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I just got a phone call from dealer that my car has arrived! Will take a look later today.

Ordered: 12 oct 2016
Accepted: 13 oct 2016
Would normally arrive on 2 mar 2017 (this was the date I got when I signed the papers)

I didn't got any manufacture are theoretical dates...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Hi Jamie.
The dealer just said it was to be built next week. But looking at my calendar, that looks like week 8, starting Monday 20 February.
I had read rumours of the 1.4 dsg being slower in delivery, but keeping my fingers crossed that next week's build date is correct. A good engine and gearbox choice I think!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
My order was accepted 6/1 and l was told build week 7 ( this week! ).
I've called Seat UK and they said my car was on the production line bang on time. I've also ordered the 1.4 DSG - all seems to be going as planned.
Going to take a leaf out of Kindness' book and track the boat, all a bit of fun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,710 Posts
At long last my Ateca has arrived in Spain. Due at the dealers in a couple of days for collection next week.

It's been a very long wait - 6 months exactly! Prior to ordering I was quoted October. It then slipped to December and then January and was finally built at the beginning of February.

Photos to follow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Fred99 said:
At long last my Ateca has arrived in Spain. Due at the dealers in a couple of days for collection next week.

It's been a very long wait - 6 months exactly! Prior to ordering I was quoted October. It then slipped to December and then January and was finally built at the beginning of February.

Photos to follow.
Woohoo! Brilliant news, Fred :D :D
Patience of a saint, my good man, patience of a saint !! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Fred99 said:
At long last my Ateca has arrived in Spain. Due at the dealers in a couple of days for collection next week.

It's been a very long wait - 6 months exactly! Prior to ordering I was quoted October. It then slipped to December and then January and was finally built at the beginning of February.

Photos to follow.
Awesome news Fred :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
I found out yesterday that the status of my car is "off shore", which apparently means on a boat and almost at UK port. I'm quite happy, as it was supposed to be built week 9 which I believe is next week. The dealer ordered the vehicle on 6 Jan, so a mid March collection is quite good I think.

Just hope I haven't put a curse on it now and caused the boat to sink! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
daesimps said:
I found out yesterday that the status of my car is "off shore", which apparently means on a boat and almost at UK port. I'm quite happy, as it was supposed to be built week 9 which I believe is next week. The dealer ordered the vehicle on 6 Jan, so a mid March collection is quite good I think.

Just hope I haven't put a curse on it now and caused the boat to sink! :D
ooo with these winds it might just sink ;) It was the same for mine with those heavy winds and floods mid Jan plus it was due in on a Friday 13th. Boat couldn't dock so it was delayed at sea. I was convinced it was gonna sink :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Daesimps if you know the destination port (either Port of Tyne, Grimsby or Sheerness) or ship name (usually something like City of Rome) you can track where it is using this link :D There is a transporter ship due in at Port of Tyne tomorrow from Emden, the one mentioned above which may be the one.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:9.2/centery:53.9/zoom:13
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
daesimps said:
I found out yesterday that the status of my car is "off shore", which apparently means on a boat and almost at UK port. I'm quite happy, as it was supposed to be built week 9 which I believe is next week. The dealer ordered the vehicle on 6 Jan, so a mid March collection is quite good I think.

Just hope I haven't put a curse on it now and caused the boat to sink! :D
I ordered mine on 6 Jan and it was originally scheduled for week 7 but fell back to week 8. It looks like they spent last week building 190 4drive DSGs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
So some cars take 6 months and others take 7 weeks? Really?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
missy said:
So some cars take 6 months and others take 7 weeks? Really?
Some 'features' have had long lead times. The longest ones we've seen are the 1.4 engine and orange paint (much to my dismay). Orange paint to the extent that they significantly increased the price to put people off ordering it.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top