Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know whether anybody else is effected by this. I thought it was a collision of the power tailgate on the chiller box. No the box moving in the boot also hits the tailgate and bounces of the triangular like light access cover on the underside, it slides in left to right on the left side. Short of putting some boots etc in front of it seems a feature I may be stuck with.

It seems a tender point of the car which if hit the cover bounces off. About a foot sliding box does it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tell said:
Don't know whether anybody else is effected by this. I thought it was a collision of the power tailgate on the chiller box. No the box moving in the boot also hits the tailgate and bounces of the triangular like light access cover on the underside, it slides in left to right on the left side. Short of putting some boots etc in front of it seems a feature I may be stuck with.

It seems a tender point of the car which if hit the cover bounces off. About a foot sliding box does it.
Have you thought about using Velcro Tell?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
on your mouth :lol:

Tell ~ secure your load ! for safety you should anyway. if in an accident you don't want a box smacking you around the side of the head .....

cargo nets (I may keep my yeti ones ;) ), bungee cords

or stick the offending flap with duct tape :mrgreen:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
on your mouth :lol:

Tell ~ secure your load ! for safety you should anyway. if in an accident you don't want a box smacking you around the side of the head .....

cargo nets (I may keep my yeti ones ;) ), bungee cords

or stick the offending flap with duct tape :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I could come up with so many inappropriate comments based on your response, Saggy. I certainly think one should always carry ones load securely :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I don't know why everyone thinks I'm borderline rude all the time ;)

(so wish there was an angelic icon on here)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
I don't know why everyone thinks I'm borderline rude all the time ;)

(so wish there was an angelic icon on here)
For your own exclusive use :p :p

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell is going to tell me off for blathering on his thread :oops:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mine came with cargo nets. Maybe Tell would consider my nets and my inferior quality not alcantara crappy cloth seats for his much despised lovely, plump, luxurious comfy leather ones? ;)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Dougie said:
Mine came with cargo nets. Maybe Tell would consider my nets and my inferior quality not alcantara crappy cloth seats for his much despised lovely, plump, luxurious comfy leather ones? ;)
Dougie I've found that the tether points for the cargo net are a bit difficult (but not impossible) to access with the boot floor on the 4Drive because it has a raised floor when the SEAT sound and/or space saver wheel is specced - as ours is. However I think there is a rail based system available as an optional SEAT accessory, but probably quite expensive, as most are. :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I'll nick the rail system out the back my yeti as well then lol :shock:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
I'll nick the rail system out the back my yeti as well then lol :shock:
Hope your dealer didn't price your p/x to include that :lol: :lol:

You could be putting your red keyring they've offered in danger :eek:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
lol McDerms ~ they better not renege

Tell ~ whats in this box anyway?

1 foot high but what other dimensions?

1foot cube ~ a box for a football?

or 1 ft x 1ft x 3ft ~ a box for a tennis racquet

or 1ft x 6inch x 4 ft ~ a box for hockey stick?

Inquisitive minds want to know "WHAT IS IN THE DAMN BOX?"

·
Registered
425 Posts
You know that we will now get a whole new thread as to how and why the Yeti rail system ( according to the Albanian site) won't be compatible with anything other than the Aleta, which incidentally drives much the came as a Porsche Mayan and also comes with a non leather option! Please stop me if I'm getting boring! :twisted:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Saggy said:
lol McDerms ~ they better not renege

Tell ~ whats in this box anyway?

1 foot high but what other dimensions?

1foot cube ~ a box for a football?

or 1 ft x 1ft x 3ft ~ a box for a tennis racquet

or 1ft x 6inch x 4 ft ~ a box for hockey stick?

Inquisitive minds want to know "WHAT IS IN THE DAMN BOX?"
If it's a cool box, maybe it's his packed lunch?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was thinking about bungee cord maybe on those child point at the back of the rear seat. Yes it fell out again when I got home. Tailgate up, plastic cover on the road. That's three times now.

May be the old car didn't have such a slippery boot floor and the tailgate if knocked from the inside didn't fall apart. Have to look at velcro as well. I slide it forward to load and push back so don't want to stop that action. Drag, stick, push back, stick if I have velcro squares. I could always try a piece of wood to keep it back from hitting the rear, just sliding action, not taking off. Not a pretty solution. Might work. Hmmm. Vecros the bungee onto the back of it. Another hmmm.

Thanks for your ideas.

My milk and food supplies.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Now keep up Dougie :roll:

he thought it was the cold box (with his lunch) when it happened originally but now realise it was the one foot box causing it .......

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
being serious now but what mat have you got Tell?

they do a rubber one and one with a lip and a foam one ..... plenty of choices that are maybe more non slip ?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tell said:
I was thinking about bungee cord maybe on those child point at the back of the rear seat. Yes it fell out again when I got home. Tailgate up, plastic cover on the road. That's three times now.

May be the old car didn't have such a slippery boot floor and the tailgate if knocked from the inside didn't fall apart. Have to look at velcro as well. I slide it forward to load and push back so don't want to stop that action. Drag, stick, push back, stick if I have velcro squares. I could always try a piece of wood to keep it back from hitting the rear, just sliding action, not taking off. Not a pretty solution. Might work. Hmmm. Vecros the bungee onto the back of it. Another hmmm.

Thanks for your ideas.

My milk and food supplies.
Are you sure you didn't buy an Austin Allegro?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
being serious now but what mat have you got Tell?

they do a rubber one and one with a lip and a foam one ..... plenty of choices that are maybe more non slip ?
Have the reversible boot mat, with carpet one side and pimply rubber bit on the other- nothing and no-one slides around it the boot of my car ;)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts