Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
So far i have two (minor) issues on this otherwise perfect car :D

1) Easy open / virtual pedal doesn't work when the car is locked (kessy doesn't unlock the tailgate)
Discussed elsewhere on the forum and confirmed by different users. My dealer is looking into this.

2) Convenience open/close, the sunroof isn't included and the setting described in the manual(p.127) is missing
Press and hold open or close; all windows and the roof should open or close

Vehicle systems* > Vehicle settings>Central locking>Open the window by holding button down or else > Front window on/off or else Roof on/off*.

This is a new one for me, anyone else?

·
Registered
334 Posts
On the first point you are definitely right. I can confirm virtual pedal works when you get the hang of it, but not when the car is locked. Which if you approach with your hands full, needing to free your hands up to unlock the car with the key fob or using a hand on the handle, renders the entire virtual pedal pointless. I am sure it's an easy software fix.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That's a bit of a disappointed. May be my waffle on using the fob button was right. I can see on the house clearance / tip run you just unlock the car once, pick up the boxes and start loading up (not planning too many more of thise), on the hands full / hotel / supermarket exit not so good but least you have the fob in your hand and don't have to fumble for the tailgate button and the motor takes the strain.

Blackateca thank for that will cut and paste to my notes. They probably consider the panoramic roof is not part of the total system so left that out. Technical authors wish it worked like that when it doesn't.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Magpie86 said:
On the first point you are definitely right. I can confirm virtual pedal works when you get the hang of it, but not when the car is locked. Which if you approach with your hands full, needing to free your hands up to unlock the car with the key fob or using a hand on the handle, renders the entire virtual pedal pointless. I am sure it's an easy software fix.
This is not true. Mine works perfect even when the car is locked. Even after opening and closing the boot with the virtual pedal the car locks itself again. Do I need to put a video up? Haha. I don't imagine that it is only mine that works!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Actually here it is

A video! Works every time. Car is locked as shown and locks again when the boots shuts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Atecaim said:
Actually here it is

A video! Works every time. Car is locked as shown and locks again when the boots shuts.
Thanks for the video! Just tried the following (car was locked for a couple of hours);

1) Walked to the car did the wiggle.. nothing.
2) Just like you, pressed lock (again) wiggled and it works every time continuously
3) Left the car for a couple of minutes... back to 1

You have to press a button before it works.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have used it without pushing the lock. I was just pushing the button to show it was actually locked haha.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There you go. Never touched the key. Wing mirrors folded so still locked!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Wonder if its a safety thing to make sure your out of the way of the boot going up. You seem to put your left foot in, your left foot out then stand back, no wiggling involved. Was tempted to go into full song there :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Only time mine doesn't work first time is if it's very heavy rain and I assume the sensor is impaired with the water. But apart from that every time. (Get a lot of rain in scotland haha)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Wonder if its a safety thing to make sure your out of the way of the boot going up. You seem to put your left foot in, your left foot out then stand back, no wiggling involved. Was tempted to go into full song there :D
And yes it is just in and the out no need to shake it all about! Haha. No but seriously it says actually wiggling can confuse the sensor it's just in and out.

As per the skoda advert...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:shock: It sounds like a lorry reversing :shock:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I blame I all on Saggy who called it a wiggle.

I will have to update my notes again. As for labradors they would know where to put there nose to open it. They would say noooo... just stick your nose under here.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Atecaim said:

Nice foot action :).

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell said:
I blame I all on Saggy who called it a wiggle.
ok ok ............ having not had my hands on one to know whether I needed to wiggle or go in or out I went with the wrong choice

From now on it shall ever be referred to as "the drop kick" :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Tell said:
Atecaim said:

Nice foot action :).
Why thank you :p bit dark though haha
I just went out and checked after the car has sat there overnight and I never touched the key and again it worked first time. Hope this can be of some help.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It will, I won't worry about it.

I think it adjusts the sensitivity down in wet weather according to the manual... I spent a year living in Glasgow and remember days of Scottish mist through the winter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update from my dealer;
1) My virtual pedal is broken. they will fix it (hopefully)
2) the sunroof isn't included anymore in convenience open/close because of safety issues...

1 - 20 of 77 Posts