Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Mine is booked in on Tuesday as my bonnet release lever in the cabin has stopped working. My virtual pedal is also very on off when it wants to work so will get them to look at that as well!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
More closed than open. Hope mine won't have niggles.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Update on the tailgate issue. It looks like the problem is known to Seat and they replace the tailgate control unit.

A list of faulty tailgates created on the German Ateca forum; (Mine is from wk37)
Week 31 - OK
Week 32 -?
Week 33 - OK
Week 34 - OK
Week 35 - Error
Week 36 - Error
Week 37 - Error
Week 39 - OK
Week 40- Error

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Mines week 38, not tabled and I haven't got the car yet so pass on it at the minute.

Their table may not by scientific mind you. I can't see if they had a box of faulty units it's going to effect a whole range. You want to see the numbers by build week, faulty or not. Just saying.

You could see faulty connections giving a problem and it does de sensities when its raining on purpose so it does not open when raining.

Thanks Blackateca I see it's this thread

https://translate.google.co.jp/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.atecaforum.de/index.php/Thread/260-Elektrik-der-Heckklappe/&prev=search

Heckklappe is the tailgate:).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Blackateca said:
Update on the tailgate issue. It looks like the problem is known to Seat and they replace the tailgate control unit.

A list of faulty tailgates created on the German Ateca forum; (Mine is from wk37)
Week 31 - OK
Week 32 -?
Week 33 - OK
Week 34 - OK
Week 35 - Error
Week 36 - Error
Week 37 - Error
Week 39 - OK
Week 40- Error
This table proves correct for me.
Mine is a week 39 build and virtual pedal has worked ok so far, although you do need to be patient and wait a good few seconds for car to respond after 'drop kick' foot action.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Magpie86 said:
Mine is still very hit and miss. I will ring up and get them to book me in for a replacement. U had yours fixed yet?
No not yet. Waiting for an appointment outside business hours. I'll post an update when it's fixed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have issues with the tailgate as well...its works once or twice after 100 tries. And also Wireless charging not working with my LG G4 phone...grrr... :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
118 Posts
DELLFAN said:
I have issues with the tailgate as well...its works once or twice after 100 tries. And also Wireless charging not working with my LG G4 phone...grrr... :evil: :evil:
oops. I wondered about the wireless charging - My LG G4 did not charge in the demonstrator, but it wirelessly charges with every other Qi wireless charger that I have tried both in may car and at home...
The Ateca manual says on page 111;

With the Connectivity Box you can charge your mobile device wirelessly with Qi tech- nology as well as reduce the radiation in the vehicle and have better reception. Qi technology allows you to charge your mobile phone wirelessly.

Perhaps Qi is not fully supported?????
I shall raise this with Seat if this is the case with my car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Drew said:
My Samsung Galaxy S7 charges without issue.
I suspect that all newer Samsung phones will be OK - the Seat Apps are not available for the LG G4, but they are for Samsung.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Atecaim said:
There you go. Never touched the key. Wing mirrors folded so still locked!

Tried Easy Open/Virtual pedal again today without any Joy. I think there is certainly fault with my Virtual pedal. And also when i am closing the boot with the button it won't do audible warnings like in the above video. Hmm i am going to give a call to Seat as i am not nearer to the dealer i bought the car from.

And regarding the Wing mirrors ? Are they not supposed to fold in When you lock the vehicle by touching the door handle. They fold for me but only when i press lock button on Key Fob.

·
Registered
979 Posts
DELLFAN I believe you need to hold the button on the door handle for a few seconds to get the wing mirrors to fold.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Touching the door handle sensor line for 3 seconds locks the car and folds the mirrors in.

Mine doesn't do an audible warning when I close the boot with the button. Is is supposed to? It only does the audible warning when you close with the virtual pedal (when it works) or I think when you use the button on the dash to close the boot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all..
Just a note,
Upon collect of our Ateca today (finally) we were told that the vertual pedal sensor is actually near the exhaust.

Anyone with this missing the wireless charger pad?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I finally have an appointment to replace the sensor/controller in 3 weeks. My dealer confirmed 4 recently sold Atecas all had the broken virtual pedal 1 early demo was OK.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
AliT91 said:
Hi all..
Just a note,
Upon collect of our Ateca today (finally) we were told that the vertual pedal sensor is actually near the exhaust.

Anyone with this missing the wireless charger pad?
It's bang in the middle of the bumper, that's where you do it unless they offsided it for the tow hook. Possible where they may say exhaust. It's a foot under not a waggle.

Bit worrying all the people with their virtual pedal issues and closing door mirrors issues. On a different note been looking for key loops. The rental we had, had a loop on the keys so you hung it on the right stick that way you physically place the keys within the car and don't get confused when loading and unloading it. Eg. You put the keys down in your bag, go back outside to get more shopping in, but doesn't open, no keys. I'll be OK in the winter with a coat pocket, summers is when I start moving the key around.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Blackateca said:
I finally have an appointment to replace the sensor/controller in 3 weeks. My dealer confirmed 4 recently sold Atecas all had the broken virtual pedal 1 early demo was OK.

·
Registered
118 Posts
DELLFAN said:
My LG G4 does not charge either, BUT my LG G3 works fine!

The problem with the LG G4 is the location of the coil - it does not extend far enough towards the vase of the phone. If you pull the phone out of the cradle about 1.5cms then it works...

Virtual pedal works every time.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.