Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out that the dealer who ordered my car (and who has subsequently stopped trading) has incorrectly ordered the options on my car and therefore the Seat Sound is not included :( . I've been told that they can retrospectively fit the spare wheel but nothing can be done about the sound system.

Is there anyone out there who already has their car who can give me an idea if the normal sound system is OK as the only option appears to be to wait for another 3-4 months for a rebuild which I'm not really happy about.

Tell - I think you probably do need to double check the options you have asked for!!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Ruth, it has worried me in the past but Seat UK assured me that all was fine. I will however take my PDF print out and tick off the options myself doing one of those audits that accountants like to do. The fancy safety features I may find tricky to find in the menus. The Plus of the Navigation system means I got to find the internal drive on the sat menu etc.

I was in contact with Seat UK and they inspect them at the port on arrival. Is this where they found your order wasn't correct ?. Obviously you don't want to pay for something you didn't get.

On the positive side the 8 speaker system sounded fine to me when I tested it out in one dealers. Having owned a Seat car for nearly 12 years some dealerships are a shower. My order 12 years ago got the parking sensors left off when the dealership collapsed like yours did. Seat drop stuff of transferring from one system to the order system. I was never too sure whether my original car was given to one of the dealers customers and I got theirs some months later since I was absorbed into their dealership orders.

Anyhow after Seat check the cars in the port, the dealer then says OK deliver the car to me.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The standard stereo system is really good to my ears. Certainly nothing to sniff at anyway. Unless you are desperate for the extra bass, I really wouldn't be too disappointed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tell & Magpie - we have accepted the order as it stands to avoid a long wait. From what you've both said the normal sound system should be fine. Should just be another few weeks now until I can pick her up, barring any further problems!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised with the standard sound system. I did turn the low end up on the EQ slightly which helped to boost the bass. I don't generally add sound systems to cars. I love my music but from this point of view a subwoofer needs a big room to work in otherwise the sound is lost. You will notice that when a car with a subwoofer drives past you can hear it on the outside booming away (probably more than the inside). I don't feel it adds to the overall experience not like the subwoofer in my living room. I'm sure the other speakers on the Seat sound system are of better quality as well though but just to make you feel better! Hope you got some compensation for the mistake!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts