Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Well I order a Ateca xcellence 1.4TSI DSG in lava blue with following options
park assist
Power tail gate
Tow bar
Spar wheel

From Robinsons in Lowestoft on 03/04/17 with an expected delivery date of 01/08/17 or sooner

Popped in to see the dealer today just to get an update and found out that my car had a build week of 38 (18/09/17 to 24/09/17)
So add 5 weeks to that the end of October before I would get the car

So I have cancelled my order and gone for one they had in stock in there Ipswich branch

Xcellence 1.4TSI Manual in Rodium gray with 19" wheels double boot and spare wheel should be ready in 2 to 3 weeks馃榾馃榾馃榾馃榾馃榾馃榾

Registered
Nice one eddie. Presume you got your deposit back from the dealer yeah?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kee said:
Nice one eddie. Presume you got your deposit back from the dealer yeah?
Yes Kee it's the same dealer

Registered
Good call Eddie - if you can be flexible with your spec then always the best choice :)

Just a shame Seat's production delays are such a farce - I really do think they'll change and your original order would have been produced faster but nothing in life is guaranteed!

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm in no rush I'd probably be marching to the dealers to do what you've just done!

Let us know how you get on when you pick her up!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eddie bullman said:
Hi all

Well I order a Ateca xcellence 1.4TSI DSG in lava blue with following options
park assist
Power tail gate
Tow bar
Spar wheel

From Robinsons in Lowestoft on 03/04/17 with an expected delivery date of 01/08/17 or sooner

Popped in to see the dealer today just to get an update and found out that my car had a build week of 38 (18/09/17 to 24/09/17)
So add 5 weeks to that the end of October before I would get the car

So I have cancelled my order and gone for one they had in stock in there Ipswich branch

Xcellence 1.4TSI Manual in Rodium gray with 19" wheels double boot and spare wheel should be ready in 2 to 3 weeks馃榾馃榾馃榾馃榾馃榾馃榾
Well have changed my mind again

went to another dealer in Norwich on Monday and they had a

Rodium Gray Xcellence 2.0 TDI 190 DSG with power tail gate and adaptive curse which i pick up on sat
(the wife really wanted an auto)

Spock to the lowestoft dealer on Monday and told them that i really wanted an auto and asked about my original deposit and they said the would still refund it (did not tell them i was getting one from another dealer)

:D :D :D

Registered
Nice one!

Registered
when I spoke with one of the sales guys at Lowestoft I was told a two month delivery from order. The dealer in Norwich, who I placed the order with, made it clear from the moment I expressed an interest in the car that it would be a 15 to 20 week wait from order. I had also read posts on here so rather thought the Lowestoft lead time more a fantasy to get the order placed than reality. Hence I spent my money at Duff Morgan Norwich

Registered
Bazzdj said:
when I spoke with one of the sales guys at Lowestoft I was told a two month delivery from order. The dealer in Norwich, who I placed the order with, made it clear from the moment I expressed an interest in the car that it would be a 15 to 20 week wait from order. I had also read posts on here so rather thought the Lowestoft lead time more a fantasy to get the order placed than reality. Hence I spent my money at Duff Morgan Norwich
'
Unless of course Lowestoft had already ordered a batch lot and they were quoting you a lead time for one of those.

When I ordered my car from Arnold Clark, it was aleady in the system.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bazzdj said:
Hi Bazzdj

If you don't mind a manual Robinsons in Ipswich have a Rodium gray 1.4 manual with double boot and 19" as they were going to move it to Lowestoft for me but I decided to have the one that was in duff Morgan's show room which they turned round for in less than a week walked into the showroom on Monday and picked it up yesterday so can't fault them

Registered
Thanks for the tip but I'll stick to plan for now - hope you're enjoying yours 馃榾

1 - 11 of 11 Posts