Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Ordered our new Ateca on 13 May so have joined the forum - I've heard that the more you check Forum posts the quicker the car arrives?!

We went for the following configuration:

  • SE: The satnav on our 64 Leon FR is feeling a bit long in the tooth now so didn't see the need for the SE Tech when we'll just use CarPlay.

  • 1.4 EcoTSI: We love this engine in our Leon, just a shame that the dealer has said this alone will add an additional 4 weeks to the lead time as they can't build the engines fast enough.

  • Med Blue: I wasn't allowed to spend the extra on Lava Blue - the dealer had a Yeti in the showroom in Med Blue and it looked fine to me.

The dealer messed up our PCP estimate so, having worked it to match the monthly payments of our current Leon, it's actually going to drop a bit. Therefore I'm considering adding (& not telling The Wife as the monthly amount will remain as she's expecting):

  • Full LED headlights: I've got a thing for the lights on my Leon so don't really want to take a step back to Halogen lights.

and either

  • Park Assist: Mainly for the front sensors rather than the assist feature which I don't expect I'd use often.

or

  • 360 Camera: I think this is a cool feature and am thinking I could live without front sensors if I had the 360 camera. But it's more expensive.

Grateful for people's thoughts on the config and various options. I'm also reluctant to add any options that will push out the delivery date any further so if people know of particular options that have this effect (as the 1.4 TSI does) then let me know.

Thanks all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
L4ng3rs2017 said:
I've heard that the more you check Forum posts the quicker the car arrives?!
Undoubtedly!

Welcome to the queue langers, re your spec question I'd go for the park assist for the sensors as you say. It's also a good party trick yo show off park assist to your mates (which will be the only time you'll ever use it! Haha)

If you fancy splashing out a little tho, I reckon I'd go for either the panoramic sunroof or the powered tailgate, both offering that premium feel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
I was told by my dealer the tow bar will push back the date considerably (not that i wanted one) so hopefully you should be ok. I chose the rear camera, bit am thinking that maybe i should have paid the extra and gone for 360 camera. Hmmmm.... :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
L4ng3rs2017 said:
Hi All,

Ordered our new Ateca on 13 May so have joined the forum - I've heard that the more you check Forum posts the quicker the car arrives?!

We went for the following configuration:

  • SE: The satnav on our 64 Leon FR is feeling a bit long in the tooth now so didn't see the need for the SE Tech when we'll just use CarPlay.

  • 1.4 EcoTSI: We love this engine in our Leon, just a shame that the dealer has said this alone will add an additional 4 weeks to the lead time as they can't build the engines fast enough.

  • Med Blue: I wasn't allowed to spend the extra on Lava Blue - the dealer had a Yeti in the showroom in Med Blue and it looked fine to me.

The dealer messed up our PCP estimate so, having worked it to match the monthly payments of our current Leon, it's actually going to drop a bit. Therefore I'm considering adding (& not telling The Wife as the monthly amount will remain as she's expecting):

  • Full LED headlights: I've got a thing for the lights on my Leon so don't really want to take a step back to Halogen lights.

and either

  • Park Assist: Mainly for the front sensors rather than the assist feature which I don't expect I'd use often.

or

  • 360 Camera: I think this is a cool feature and am thinking I could live without front sensors if I had the 360 camera. But it's more expensive.

Grateful for people's thoughts on the config and various options. I'm also reluctant to add any options that will push out the delivery date any further so if people know of particular options that have this effect (as the 1.4 TSI does) then let me know.

Thanks all.
Are you not worried that going from a Leon Fr to an an Ateca SE is a bit of a step down? Especially without the Sat Nav, which will be updated over the one in your 64 plate Leon anyway. I would have at least gone for SE Tech trim personally, but then I never wanted to give up my Leon Fr in the first place :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uggzy2014 said:
Are you not worried that going from a Leon Fr to an an Ateca SE is a bit of a step down? Especially without the Sat Nav, which will be updated over the one in your 64 plate Leon anyway. I would have at least gone for SE Tech trim personally, but then I never wanted to give up my Leon Fr in the first place :lol:
Yes slightly, hence the strong desire to add the LED headlights option but I've never really liked the sat nav on the Leon - the UI is a bit clunky & the only thing I particularly liked was the directions displaying on the driver screen in the instrument panel. Also not a fan of a system that doesn't update (without rip-off charges) when I've got a more powerful & always up-to-date system (my phone) in my pocket.

Hence why I'm happy with FullLink instead of sat nav.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
L4ng3rs2017 said:
Yes slightly, hence the strong desire to add the LED headlights option but I've never really liked the sat nav on the Leon - the UI is a bit clunky & the only thing I particularly liked was the directions displaying on the driver screen in the instrument panel. Also not a fan of a system that doesn't update (without rip-off charges) when I've got a more powerful & always up-to-date system (my phone) in my pocket.

Hence why I'm happy with FullLink instead of sat nav.
'
The voice of reason! However if you're going to add LED to an SE then it's borderline whether a SE-T would be the better buy. Reason? You won't get a penny back for those LED's but an SE-T will be worth more when you sell the car.

Not sure how you fund your cars - added options defo not a good idea if paying cash but would be intersted to learn which PCP deals works out best - SE with LED option or SE-T :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Golfmk56 said:
The voice of reason! However if you're going to add LED to an SE then it's borderline whether a SE-T would be the better buy. Reason? You won't get a penny back for those LED's but an SE-T will be worth more when you sell the car.

Not sure how you fund your cars - added options defo not a good idea if paying cash but would be intersted to learn which PCP deals works out best - SE with LED option or SE-T :?:
My calcs put the purchase price of an SE with these options near as damn it the same as an SE Tech with no options.

Therefore I would rather pay the same price for the sensors over Sat Nav & DAB. I'm buying using PCP & the final value estimate for the two configs is within ~£200 of each other. We'll probably keep the vehicle after the PCP & therefore the difference is negligible to us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
L4ng3rs2017 said:
My calcs put the purchase price of an SE with these options near as damn it the same as an SE Tech with no options.

Therefore I would rather pay the same price for the sensors over Sat Nav & DAB. I'm buying using PCP & the final value estimate for the two configs is within ~£200 of each other. We'll probably keep the vehicle after the PCP & therefore the difference is negligible to us.
'
Everyone has their own criteria but with prices being the so similar it'd be a no brainer for me - SE-T.

Reason - as above. Both cars already come with rear-sensors and I really struggle to see what benefit a top camera brings (front sensors bring no benefit whatsoever). That said park assist is of no benefit either. For sure you use it a couple of times to see how it works, then you show off to your friends and family, but after that? People just don;t use it because it takes so much longer to use (and that's when it works... it's not 100% reliable). If you really wanted to add to visibility then £220 for a rear-view cam.

Full link takes care of Sat Nav - 100% agree with you on that. But for DAB? DAB very important to me for Radio5 live if nothing else (also gives a whole host of other stations) but even if you don't bother with DAB right now - if you're planning on keeping the car over 3 years then I'd be a little concerned over the future of FM. But in any case - it effectively costs now't.

And if I were keeping the car - you've got plain 17" alloys -v- bi-colour 18" (18 do look better) and you have silver/chrome roof rails which again IMO look so much better (in every colour apart from Red).

And then as I say - if both cars are within £200 of each other at end of PCP, you'll get more back on an SE-T when you do come to sell it (unless you're planning on keeping the car for 10yr +.

SE -v- SE-T then it's a straight forward what do I need - SE cheaper, if I don't need the extra kit it's SE

SE + options -v- SE-T ? - SE-T.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I've been swayed by Golfmk56 and the voices in my head and I've changed my order - let's hope The Wife doesn't find out :twisted:

I've now ordered:

Ateca SE Tech 1.4TSI
Med Blue
+ space saver spare
+ top view camera
+ park assist

For anyone interested, my calcs mentioned above were flawed as I used the GFMV (from the Seat website in the finance offers section) for an SE Tech but the number I've been given by the dealer is higher - leading to a lower monthly PCP figure for the SE Tech than expected. Also helped that I got the dealer to pretty much throw in the park assist if I took the top view camera.

Now the wait begins again...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just heard from my dealer: My Ateca has been built and is onboard the Makassar Highway en route to Sheerness - hopefully an early-mid July pick up is on the cards!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Wow that will get some heads jealous on here. Seems like a very short wait time. Good on you though and hood luck. For those wanting to order take note of the specs!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SparK said:
Wow that will get some heads jealous on here. Seems like a very short wait time. Good on you though and hood luck. For those wanting to order take note of the specs!!
I lucked out - my dealer amended an existing order that they already had in the system, which brought my delivery forward from Sep/Oct to July.

Looking forward to giving Mediterranean 'cheapskate' Blue a bit more representation in the gallery, compared to all these flash people with their metallic paint :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
I like the blue and to be perfectly honest, I mostly chose the grey because it hides the dirt better.

You ordered yours the day before me and I'm supposed to be picking mine up first week of September so you've done really well 😊
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
L4ng3rs2017 said:
Just heard from my dealer: My Ateca has been built and is onboard the Makassar Highway en route to Sheerness - hopefully an early-mid July pick up is on the cards!
Interesting! Mine was built Week 25 and was at port last week. Maybe its on the same ship? :eek:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top