Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

order placed and now to wait impatiently for her and from what I've read here it could be a while !! :shock:

Passion Red, Excellence, 18", 190, 4wd, DSG with a couple of added extras

I'm a yeti defector ~ great vehicle but not at all sexy !

Order was placed Tuesday, poss 12 weeks mentioned but then a comment made on next visit about how some original early orders with expected September deliveries were delayed now to November ad I should just hope for before end of year and they would update me as soon as heard anything

now off for a nosy around :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome, please could you keep us posted with regard to order progress. Hope you get a shiny red present in time for Christmas :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
certainly will Newtoseat ~ Christmas or worst case start of Feb for my birthday I can live with ~ if it goes into March I'll be fed up as just purchased myself a new number plate just for her ..... spells out my nickname and has 66 in it ..... and I don't want an out of date plate on her in that case :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Seat are currently running the 4WDs off in about three months from order date. I don't know whether it is due to Seat UK booking out build time for the launch, or / and the TDI150 2WD fiasco. Hmmm I'll know soon whether I'm in or out of that delay. A provisional build date is marked up then this is turned to firm about a 2-4 weeks before the build date. I don't think your dealer will tell you about the provisional build date. I'm assuming once you have a provisional build date it's like a moon landing, all systems are go in a controlled way. But I'll see very soon.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Tell

they told me up to 2 weeks from order to give me a provisional build date so I'll update then

I'm not sure I could have coped waiting since May !

I wasn't even looking to change my car but spotted a pic a few weeks ago, went for a nosy at dealership and I was hooked. Sensible me said wait another year and then order ~ impulsive me won though lol

·
Registered
581 Posts
The lease company who supply our company cars have a lead times section on their website...
Currently for Ateca, last updated 09/09, it says...

"12-15 weeks (2.0tdi 150ps manual +8-10weeks)"

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Two weeks or a bit more. After about two weeks I got a welcome from Seat HQ in the form of an email. If you get your Seat customer number from the dealer you can ring up Seat from time to time rather than bother the dealer. Mine was only going to tell me the build date so Ernie on here told me to go direct to Seat so I'm tracking that way. Code 20 is build date allocated.

I ordered mine in July, was planning to wait to see it at launch but after Brexit and the pound shift best to get on with it since the good time for discounts were here and it would only get worse. I did sit in the car in May at its first UK showing having tracked it's development for the last couple of years in the motoring press. I got put off by the leather upholstery in the 4WD only and was holding in case Seat UK resind, they didn't but Ireland has. Now I just accept it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks Ghiggz :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Ghiggz said:
The lease company who supply our company cars have a lead times section on their website...
Currently for Ateca, last updated 09/09, it says...

"12-15 weeks (2.0tdi 150ps manual +8-10weeks)"
The plus needs underlying! In other wards delivery from April on the 2WD TDI150. Orders taken in January if Seat haven't altered their story in the last week. Notice I did find the documentation for how the 2WD TDI150 got its NOx dealt with as originally documented. Feel pleased about that. Manual and technical teaching guide those canny Russians had loaded up. I call it Putin's library (of half inched material).

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tell said:
Two weeks or a bit more. After about two weeks I got a welcome from Seat HQ in the form of an email. If you get your Seat customer number from the dealer you can ring up Seat from time to time rather than bother the dealer. .
ahhhh good because I don't want my dealer being fed up with me by asking all the time ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
HI

Ordered a 190 DSG on 3rd September and have a build date of 10 October. Spoke with Seat UK today (as dealership now not trading) and they advised that delivery would be around 6 weeks after build.

They also said that once the build was underway I should get a series of emails to keep me advised of progress.

BTW I am also a Yeti defector!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Ruth

That doesn't sound too bad on times then. I did see about your dealer :( glad all worked out though

Yeti - I was meant to hang on for the new yeti but I can't wait that long lol :) it's a great vehicle and does all I need and more but it just isn't attractive. Told a mate I was changing and showed him pic of the red Ateca - he said much more suited to my personality than the white boring yeti lol :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
RuthB said:
HI

Ordered a 190 DSG on 3rd September and have a build date of 10 October. Spoke with Seat UK today (as dealership now not trading) and they advised that delivery would be around 6 weeks after build.

They also said that once the build was underway I should get a series of emails to keep me advised of progress.

BTW I am also a Yeti defector!
Thanks for the estimates Ruth. The MK dealer where I'm not getting mine from was more liberal with the time to deliver from build than my dealer and what Seat UK said which was four weeks from build. Perhaps they know they have alot to ship out. I got to check soon after build so I'll let you know on here what they are saying. I'm three weeks ahead of you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts