Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dealer has just called and the car has now been confirmed for build week 10 (next week).

This is a huge improvement from the very initial timescale given by the dealer prior to issuing the order to SEAT which was July.

There is so many things to sort out so the time will be taken up comparing car insurance, GAP Insurance etc.

I am arranging my own finance so any advice on GAP Insurance etc (I see there is a members discount) with one organisation detailed on here and they do seem to have good reviews from other threads I have read.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I ordered 1st February and have been given a build date of week 11 which is a bit strange... don't really understand how the time scales work considering some people seem to be getting their cars quicker than others.

Estimated delivery date is 29th April so not all that long to wait. When is yours?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Pity we can't access some sort of web based information database of order numbers..................or can we? Must be some clever people out there :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
kelly said:
I ordered 10th Feb and I have a build week of week 21 (end of May) with delivery at the end of June :cry:
Oh that's not so great... are you in the UK?

·
Registered
218 Posts
VW and Audi have an online progress checker, however Seat do not currently offer that facility.

I'm sure it won't be long as it would save them dealing with hundreds of telephone calls each week from customers wanting updates!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Scott1988 said:
kelly said:
I ordered 10th Feb and I have a build week of week 21 (end of May) with delivery at the end of June :cry:
Oh that's not so great... are you in the UK?
Yes I'm in Kent. I have gone for the 1.4 Automatic with a few options, so it's probably my own fault for being fussy!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scott1988 said:
I ordered 1st February and have been given a build date of week 11 which is a bit strange... don't really understand how the time scales work considering some people seem to be getting their cars quicker than others.

Estimated delivery date is 29th April so not all that long to wait. When is yours?
Estimated delivery to dealer could be as early as last week in March but is likely to be 1st or 2nd week in April.

The 29th April seems very realistic for your delivery seeing it is in production a week later.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dangermouse said:
My Dealer has just called and the car has now been confirmed for build week 10 (next week).

This is a huge improvement from the very initial timescale given by the dealer prior to issuing the order to SEAT which was July.

There is so many things to sort out so the time will be taken up comparing car insurance, GAP Insurance etc.

I am arranging my own finance so any advice on GAP Insurance etc (I see there is a members discount) with one organisation detailed on here and they do seem to have good reviews from other threads I have read.
The ALA GAP insurance that members of this forum can receive a 5% discount on can now get a 10% discount using this offer code instead: TENOFFFB

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Scott1988 said:

Wait what?

I ordered my Ateca in november 2016 and still waiting. Dealer said earliest i can excpect to get it is early june....

·
Registered
286 Posts
supreme said:
Scott1988 said:

Wait what?

I ordered my Ateca in november 2016 and still waiting. Dealer said earliest i can excpect to get it is early june....
Is yours an Automatic? They seem to have longer waiting times. We ordered ours ( a manual) on 18th Feb and I was told today it will will most likely be build week 15 (mid April).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I cannot praise my SEAT dealer enough,

Called today and the car has gone in to production, he was trying to get hold of a chassis number for me.

He then without any prompting outlined a rough timescale, as it is built in Czech republic will be train to Emden then allocated a ship.

He will then identify the boat for me and track it across to give me a more accurate date it will arrive with them.

Its like having Kindness71 as my SEAT Dealer :D :D :D :D

It could be end of this month but both of us agreed it more likely to be 1st/2nd week in April.

I really cant wait.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Dangermouse Care to share the dealers name ? From reading various posts on this forum it seems as if Seat dealers are a mixed bag and a recommendation is always useful. Thanks

·
Registered
979 Posts
Dangermouse said:

Called today and the car has gone in to production, he was trying to get hold of a chassis number for me.

He then without any prompting outlined a rough timescale, as it is built in Czech republic will be train to Emden then allocated a ship.

He will then identify the boat for me and track it across to give me a more accurate date it will arrive with them.

It could be end of this month but both of us agreed it more likely to be 1st/2nd week in April.

I really cant wait.
I feel like I am no longer needed :(

·
Registered
241 Posts
Kindness71 said:
You're still needed - SEAT need you to run customer service training for all their dealerships!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kindness71 said:
Dangermouse said:

I really cant wait.
Always needed Kindness :) and can never be replaced.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nick Bucks said:
Hi Dangermouse Care to share the dealers name ? From reading various posts on this forum it seems as if Seat dealers are a mixed bag and a recommendation is always useful. Thanks
Its SEAT at Stoke, the guy I have been dealing with is Nic.

·
Registered
979 Posts
[/quote]

:D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Kindness71 said:

:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have had my email from SEAT today saying the car is about to leave the factory and board a train to the port. I hope my dealer will provide some timescales when he is back in tomorrow.

I was thinking it would be 2/3 weeks from now when it arrives at Stoke.

I know it's all clever software but nice touch with the email by filling in your details ie created in Barcelona to delivered to Stoke SEAT etc makes it seem personal to you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts