Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Ordered mine today

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Magpie86 
I did like the Tiguan myself and keep that as an option. You get the seats in cloth none of this silly leather enforced. The display is all electronic least on the top of the range although you worry about failure. The boot was better finished off than the Ateca I saw although I suspect it was preproduction since the floor cover doesn't look like other picture I saw. Negatives on the Tiguan I suspect it will be refreshed often so you end up driving an outdated model. Won't worry you if you don't keep a car that long. Ateca red, I would consider that but it's not metallic so after ten years it will look like the paint has been taken off with sand paper. Not an issue if you don't keep for ten years.

My plan come September is too try out an Ateca and see how rubbish the Xcellence leather seats are, consider colours again, put along side the Tiguan (found a dealership that does both), review the discounts on both. Think that latter will go on till after Xmas on a who blinks basis between Seat and customers business / private. I don't really want a car with the wrong seats and colour. If the Tiguan is discounted and Seat are still playing silly billies will go for that especially after sitting in Ateca leather seats and going yuck. I will buy it from a broker I suspect. Rubbish Seat garages for maintenence doesn't help where I live. For me a lot stacked up against the Ateca but the two real negative on 4WD DSG are the enforced leather seats and poor colour choice putting discounts to one side.

I'm sure the Ateca will be good if you like leather in the Xcellence and the paint choice, the rest Seat expects you to compromise on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.