Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

After discussing a new car for some months we eventually saw the Ateca reviews online this week. To be honest I used to subscribe to What Car magazine so probably saw the Ateca but paid little notice. However, decided yesterday that this was probably the car to go for and went in and ordered one today! Only found this forum after we'd signed on the dotted line!

I'll probably annoy some/many people by not using the correct terminology and simply saying that we've gone for the 1.4 petrol auto xcellence in Lava Blue. No options, it seems to hae everything we want, but will probably call them tomorrow to add heated windscreen....

Dealer says ETA is 30th June but a quick glance at the forums suggest many people ahve had delayes and let-downs.

The Ateca is for my wife and we need to sell her existing car but don't want to sell too soon if the new car gets delayed....

Simon

G

·
Welcome to the waiting club.
Delivery time seem all over the place and for no real reason.
Nice spec car you've ordered

·
Registered
778 Posts
nourishment said:
Hi All,

After discussing a new car for some months we eventually saw the Ateca reviews online this week. To be honest I used to subscribe to What Car magazine so probably saw the Ateca but paid little notice. However, decided yesterday that this was probably the car to go for and went in and ordered one today! Only found this forum after we'd signed on the dotted line!

I'll probably annoy some/many people by not using the correct terminology and simply saying that we've gone for the 1.4 petrol auto xcellence in Lava Blue. No options, it seems to hae everything we want, but will probably call them tomorrow to add heated windscreen....

Dealer says ETA is 30th June but a quick glance at the forums suggest many people ahve had delayes and let-downs.

The Ateca is for my wife and we need to sell her existing car but don't want to sell too soon if the new car gets delayed....

Simon
Yep, excellent choice - then again we're all biased here :) Lava Blue is also a very nice colour - check out some of the owners pics on this forum!

Delays are all over the place but a few people have been told the wait is coming down. So yeah, welcome to the most chaotic order queuing system imaginable :) General trend unless you go for some odd extras is 12-16 weeks for a custom factory order.

I didn't bother with heated windscreen, but it seems popular so keep wondering whether I should get it or not too, and adaptive cruise control... then I remind myself you have to draw the line somewhere and have managed to hold out so far :) I would prattle on about other popular options but it really depends what you want to use it for, so not this time :) Options are always personal choice for the buyer.

One thing else to consider - at the moment you seem to have a vanilla (no options) order so adding anything on may delay, although given you were told a June 30th date it may make little difference. Go for the car you want :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
nourishment said:
Hi All,

Simon
Congrats!
You're now part of the chaos that is the Ateca!
Xcellence has a great spec as standard,
We added pan-roof to wipe out a lot of the roof lining and make it feel a bit bigger (and lighter) inside..and the virtual pedal (boot) so we don't have to struggle loading things into the back! I suppose there's a level of laziness there but hey..

Your dealerships/SEAT seems to have given you a standard waiting time of around 12 weeks.
I waited just short of 6 weeks for mine to be built and another week for it to land in the UK. Just waiting on the vehicle to be PDI'd & registered etc. before collecting it!
Hopefully without the options, your build week will come right down!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Etchings said:
nourishment said:
Hi All,

Simon
Yep, excellent choice - then again we're all biased here :) Lava Blue is also a very nice colour - check out some of the owners pics on this forum!

Delays are all over the place but a few people have been told the wait is coming down. So yeah, welcome to the most chaotic order queuing system imaginable :) General trend unless you go for some odd extras is 12-16 weeks for a custom factory order.

I didn't bother with heated windscreen, but it seems popular so keep wondering whether I should get it or not too, and adaptive cruise control... then I remind myself you have to draw the line somewhere and have managed to hold out so far :) I would prattle on about other popular options but it really depends what you want to use it for, so not this time :) Options are always personal choice for the buyer.

One thing else to consider - at the moment you seem to have a vanilla (no options) order so adding anything on may delay, although given you were told a June 30th date it may make little difference. Go for the car you want :cool:
I regret not ordering the heated windscreen but then again, it's also not bothering me too much!
Very nearly ordered Lava Blue, it's a really nice colour but at the time, I hadn't seen many pictures of an actual vehicle in the right light to swing it for me!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you don't need many accessories with the xellance as all I went for was H/W and find I am not using all the car has to offer anyway. As for delivery dates seems less extras brings down delivery dates, so hopefully get it abit quicker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts