Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from the local SEAT dealer. Ordered a bila white 1.4tsi dsg SE. With spare wheel, heated windscreen, park assist and convenience pack (auto lights & wipers). Almost ordered a manual version before Christmas, but glad I waited to get the dsg. Delivery estimate early April.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Congratulations Brian. I love DSGs myself, got to rest that arm and leg. I never take it out of automatic unless one is on a big down hill crawl when it would run away.

·
Registered
328 Posts
That's it... Just rub it in for all of us that wanted a petrol automatic but ordered a manual as there was no sign of the auto coming out!

Welcome :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell said:
Congratulations Brian. I love DSGs myself, got to rest that arm and leg. I never take it out of automatic unless one is on a big down hill crawl when it would run away.
What kind of hill are you talking Tell?

I swear your car must act differently to anything I've driven with DSG

Are you talking mountain?

Welcome to the forum Brian

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Saggy said:
What kind of hill are you talking Tell?

I swear your car must act differently to anything I've driven with DSG

Are you talking mountain?
It is a bit of a mountain road so as to speak that decends off an autobahn into Trier, dropping down the side of the Mosel valley. Basically late afternoon the city trafic can back up a mile so, it becomes a slow crawl down and you would be braking if you didn't select a lower gear. Good news this year the trafic hadn't backed up so the Ateca was fine. It was the only place I shifted the Altea into manual in the past, that's once per year. I know some DSG drivers like to flip the paddles or left shift the gear but why bother :).

There you go it's the 51 that winds it's way down but backs up into a 10 mile mph queue and you would be on the brakes if you didn't drop down... the town is in the basin.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
thanks Tell

I have one hill in the area where I sometimes have to brake by the bottom but if you slap cruise control on you don't even have to do that :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That could be a possibility on this hill, ACC although when I did try it on a follow you with maximum gap it took the downward hill fast and too close to the car in front. Afraid I'm leaving some automation to one side at the minute. I know I could go for fixed speed cruise control. That's the issue using the many bits and bobs is the level of practice you get against when you need it. Top view camera is a gem thou for parking so I can recommend that for your next.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordered on 11 January from Agnew SEAT of Belfast. Just heard today from dealer that it is scheduled to be built next week, and he finds it usually takes about 3 -4 weeks from then to reach the dealer.
So I should have it mid to late March! Really looking forward to it. Our last new car was a 1970s era vw golf.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts