Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all!! This forum help me a lot about ordering my ateca s 1.6 ecomotive!!
One last dilemma i need your opinion/advice guys.. its about the rear camera and the parking sensors. I think its more important to have the front and rear sensors (park assist) than the camera and rear sensor.
Do you find the camera or the sensors more useful!?
I have been driving my previous car without camera and sensors for 10years and never needed them. But an upgrade wouldn't be bad..
what by your opinion is more useful in this particular car?

·
Registered
192 Posts
The camera is nice to have, but if I had to choose I'd go for the sensors. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your opinion. I think that its nice to have the camera too but i dont know if it is much more useful from the sensors

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've had a camera on my outgoing golf for 7 yrs now and love it. Prior to the golf I had an accord type r which I reversed into a low post causing over a grand of damage. Needless to say lesson learnt!

If I had to choose one over the other though, front and rear sensors better than rear camera and rear sensor. Ideal package would be front sensor and rear camera but they don't offer that!

·
Registered
240 Posts
kee said:
Ideal package would be front sensor and rear camera but they don't offer that!
Have I learbt correctly from this post that Park assist then refers to front and back sensors while reversing camera is another separate option? Also if park assist refers to the sensors, then what is the "self-parking" feature referred to?

·
Registered
526 Posts
SparK said:
kee said:
Ideal package would be front sensor and rear camera but they don't offer that!
Have I learbt correctly from this post that Park assist then refers to front and back sensors while reversing camera is another separate option? Also if park assist refers to the sensors, then what is the "self-parking" feature referred to?
Correct

To get front and back sensors, it comes in a package that also includes self parking. We're just being lazy in our posts, the full name for the option is "Park Assist: Self parking functionality (includes front and rear parking sensors)". Otherwise, you only get rear sensors as standard on SE trim and above. Rear camera is always separate.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good, then I should be getting all of that in the Xcllence. The local dealer had given me a sheet with specs( you only get to choose between some packages in Malta not individual addons) and I recall having Park Assist and rear view camera individually listed. The only final package I did not opt for included 19"s, leather seats and wireless charging iirc

·
Registered
526 Posts
So lucky you can get xcellence without leather seats in Malta!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeah wasn't too keen on them either especially for the summer weather here. I still opted for the alcantara and black paint though. Couldn't resist not buying the colour I ve always wanted

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think I might be the only one who actually likes the leather seats, I think they add a nice touch of class.

Everyone else seems to say they would swap them if they had the chance.

I understand if you live in a really hot country but for most of is in the UK I don't see what the problem is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts