Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My first post, welcome everyone!

Picked my XC 190BHP DSG Ateca just week ago.

Today got engine error with message AdBlue fault and engine will not start in 1000km
At the same time media player was reset and started playing first song from the playlist and scan USB content.

Connected OBD and see there is P2407 fault.

Did anyone had like anything that before?

I'm going to visit service tomorrow but just after 1 week and less than 300km ??? :(

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Nothing useful or constructive to say except :eek: and hello

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Needless to say I looked it up.

No first we have heard of it here but is a known VW error. Looks like you are now on a count down if you didn't clear it yourself.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She's in the workshop now. There is a fault on adblue injector. They sent report to Seat Ireland and awaiting instructions what to do...

Updates to follow.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Something for us TDI 150 / 190 owners to look out for.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No concrete answer... They got some general advice from Seat Ireland to reset fault, top-up adblue and monitor the car for some time.
They wanted to keep it on workshop for longer but after half a day without any good response I decided to take her.

So far she is driving with no more faults. Hope it was only teething problem...

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Air lock ?...

The only extraneous thing I read from my odb so far was a control bus error that appeared once but never repeated, the wing mirror heater wire left off and the blind spot disconnected when the garage was sorting out the heater wire.

Let's hope it was an air lock in the pipe work so us 190 owners can handle the error... we've not heard a peep from the person's DSG that had clutch damage in the first week.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hi pch I notice from your profile pic that you have the Samoa orange keyfob, so I take it you have the same colour Ateca as me? Anyway was just wondering how easy it was to fit the keyfob cover over the key and what the quality is like? I'm looking to get one of these for mine. Sorry for hijacking the post by the way ;)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
(not fitted your high intensity reversing lights yet then Kindness ?... ping pong on the door and mine have arrived, so I have another chance of a failed DIY job, was hoping someone might have extracted the build holder... I didn't try mind you, thought I'd get the bulbs first. I'll have to have a seance with my dead brothers if I have a problem... I will post on the correct thread)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Kindness ~ 2 months on and my fob is a bit finely scratched on the raised middle button part from kicking around in the dark depths of my handbag but does still look ok. dealer fitted mine

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice colour Kindness isn't? ;)

Quality is pretty good but not sure how long it will last - I have it only 3 weeks.
It was pretty easy to fit. it comes with 3M cleaner and adhesive promoter.
Everything fits perfectly. Instruction says to use cleaner for 5 minutes then promoter for another 5.

I 'promoted' for about 3 minutes. It was kind a fluid on a cloth, after some time it started to be very sticky to the fob and fingers. Then decided it's the time to apply cover.

It's keeping well but in case of crack or need of replacing battery there is no way to do it without damaging cover.
Not sure how the fob itself will look like then...

BTW how to get notified on new posts on forum or thread?

Automotive lighting Dice Communication Device Audio equipment Gadget

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Thanks Pch, it does look good :D I cant remember ever having to change the battery in any of my key fobs so guess they must last a good few years. I need to see if my dealer will price match Horton accessories to knock off 15% :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yay - I received notification!

Yeah, that's why I've decided. I still have the second one in case the first get worn.
I bought for about 30 euro from my dealer in Dublin and I was not looking for any alternatives...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.