Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

The people with panoramic sunroof, do you guys think it worth it?
Im thinking about, how about the noise when you have panoramic sunroof? Does the car still drives well, when the car weight about 80-100kg more, because of the giant window on top?

I'm thinking about to add it to my upcoming Ateca Excellence.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thomas @ Autogefühl did a full test of one with the roof:

About 17 min you get him opening it, i would have never added it myself as over 6:4ft! Just love Autogefühl reviews by the way, like you are test driving the car without the dealer asking you to part with cash!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi haven't tried the panoramic roof in the Ateca but we had it in our Yeti and i don't miss it. I thought after having the panoramic roof and a light headlining that the Ateca would seem very dark inside but it hasn't really bothered me. On the Yeti it was noisy above about 50 when opened up and when the rear was tilted up. The view when sitting in the back was great and when full opened the car was nice and airy. Ours also developed a rattle after 6 months and after numerous attempts at repairing it the whole sunroof was replaced when the car was 2 years old. I never considered adding it to the Ateca but that's mainly due to the problems with the Yeti one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi - I've got the panoramic sunroof and I'm 6ft 5 ! Not noticed any noise at speed ? Have enjoyed it over the weekend when the sun was shining !

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I had a yeti with one but I had the blinds shut 98% of the time so the dogs didn't roast and if it was hot had the AC on and roof shut

did wonder if xcellence would feel dark with black headlining but not at all

I don't regret not adding the roof :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Leon said:
And don't forget.......you'll have nowhere to put your sunglasses if you choose a Pano Roof. :lol:
Why? Do you need to remove your head when driving with a pano roof, Leon?.? :lol: :lol:
Could be a problem for Lurch ? :p

·
Registered
338 Posts
mcderms said:
Leon said:
And don't forget.......you'll have nowhere to put your sunglasses if you choose a Pano Roof. :lol:
Why? Do you need to remove your head when driving with a pano roof, Leon?.? :lol: :lol:
Could be a problem for Lurch ? :p
Nah! You won't have the roof storage where you keep your sunglasses on those rare overcast UK days that sometimes happen. Although a pano roof would be advisable for Lurch. He'd be able to drive with it open so he could get a better view of the road ahead ('scuse the pun). :lol:

·
Registered
283 Posts
We have the panoramic roof and love the light it gives the car which would otherwise be very dark and drab. In the warm weather the open roof is great too. Well worth the circa £1k.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for all the answers so far.

I have just read, by some google searching, that even though the sunroof Will be closed, its still a bit noisy. This is just some random car, and NOT the Ateca.

@AndyE14
Have you felt that its a bit more noise, because there is a sunroof?

@everyone else
Pls come with more reviews about sunroof - plus and minus.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I get no noise from it closed. It's my summertime treat in foreign parts or supping coffee, drop the roof back to hear the birds and cut out side noise of traffic having the windows down. No issues with it yet.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Another vote in favour of the sunroof from Weston-super-Mare...
I really like it and so far have had it closed almost all the time but with the sun blind open. The extra light is great. At the weekend it was very sunny and I had the roof open for about 20 minutes on the way home from the supermarket. :lol: Haven't done much motorway work in the car yet, but it's still very early days and the whole car still settling down; didn't notice any noise specifically from the roof at speed though - much more noise from the tyres I think.
It will be interesting to see how it goes in what passes for summer in the UK; the glass does seem to have a tint, and may be coated to reduce the UV/IR which comes through it. Of course there is also air conditioning for those relatively rare days when the temperature gets into the mid 20s or higher...
I haven't had a car with a sunroof since the BMW 325 over a decade ago. That was superb on cold, crisp mornings when I was driving crosscountry on my commute to Wells for work - sunroof open, heater on full, stereo turned up and warp drive engaged. Sadly that's no longer possible on those roads - the killjoys have reduced speed limits and added no overtaking zones and "traffic calming" which doubles the journey time over what I used to do every morning, even on a good day. :(. But it's nice to have the option of seeing the sky above me while driving along again in the Ateca. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great to see all your post!

I have a feeling, that there is a bit more positive things, than negative ones about the sunroof.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Pano roof is just great - the car looks better, more expensive and premium. When I close the shade under the glass I feel like I am sitting in a different car - too dark and not cool :) And to open the pano roof when the sun shines is just perfect.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Can't say I notice any noise unless the roof is open it is a very classy roof.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts