Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I'm looking for both front and rear sensors to aid manual parking. The brochure says you get these with the Park Assist option, but do these only work when you get the car to do the self parking thing?

2. Other option is just to pay a little more for the Top view camera. Had the test drive today (happily just like driving my existing golf but higher off the ground which is what I'm after) and the Seat chappy said the sensors on the camera only show on the screen if you select the camera button rather than coming on automatically when you approach something. Is this right? In the golf as soon as you approach something front or back the sensors kick in and you get a view on the screen, whether parking or stop/start in town.

Cheers

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hi Trentend,

The sensors with the Park Assist work as normal front & rear parking sensors in addition to their role in the Park Assist function, and work automatically in a non-assisted parking situation.
In addition on Xcellence trim levels the rear view camera kicks in, on selecting revers gear, but you can then switch it off and rely only on the parking sensors; some members prefer to do that.

Top view just gives you the all round vision, again which others prefer for parking next to kerbs.

Hope that helps :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'm a Top Camera man, it overlays the hot spots via ultrasound onto the top view image skills you get both worlds. As Mcderms says will trigger on if it believes you are close to something.

I just press the Top View on when parking now. Very good to get the car well parked in a supermarket and could pay for itself if someone opened a door on you.... where is my autumn leaf parking picture... (now learnt how to hold the tablet to get them the right way up for direct posting).

For kerb parking you hang the superimposed mirrors over the kerb and that should do it. It's also good for snuggling up to yellow lines without overhanging. I love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have to say, I was a "top view sceptic" until I've used it a couple of times - not to park per se, but it's bloody useful to see exactly where you are within a marked parking bay.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Kind of wish it had been included now in the spec, but needed to draw the line somewhere on the costs; as a leased car all the options and metallic paint had to be paid for up front :eek:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I used the top view camera and other assists on the first test drive of the Xcellence model, and was mightily impressed. Reversing a pretty big, unfamiliar car, with mostly invisible extremities, into a very small space in the dealership carpark while working around loads of other vehicles parked opposite would have been much more difficult without it. I've got used to relying on the ultrasonic parking sensors on the Altea over the last 7 years, which of course the Ateca also has, but the top view and surround cameras are a great improvement over that. I particularly liked the way, on the reversing camera, the car overlays the guidelines based on steering angle, which makes it much easier to aim!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.