Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone here had experience with the Ateca's parking camera options?

I can see that there is a Top View camera option available to add on, but is there also just a rear facing camera option? My current car has rear facing, along with parking sensors, so was wanting at least that.

If there is a rear facing + Top View, can you configure the Ateca to have both?

·
Registered
59 Posts
My Ateca has the rear facing camera only.

If I was to go back in time and reorder my car, I'd add in the top view camera option. My reasons being that the guide lines on the rear facing camera are in my opinion useless, and the camera is only useful for making sure nothing is behind you. It has been mentioned before on the forum that it is difficult to park the car straight (seriously) and even using the guidelines on the rear facing camera my straight-parking-record is embarrassing.

Compare this to my partner's Qashqai with a top view camera, and I can see where the vehicle is in relation to everything around me, the guide lines move to show where the car will be going, and you can see if you're straight in a parking bay.

I used to pride myself on my parking abilities - the Ateca has really put me in my place.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Just be wary, front sensors are only part of the park assist pack

They do not come tied in to the camera options

1 - 4 of 4 Posts