Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else find it annoying that the front parking sensors do not have the audio tones? I've got the 4 way camera and of course can see with my own eyes out the front, but when the rear sounds you kind of get used to it, the sensors are there so just find it strange!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
You can adjust the volume of each set of sensors. Maybe the front sound is switched off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the 4 way camera you can only adjust sound for rear sensors, no option for the front.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Mine sound off fine and I've got top view. I have to turn in at the partner getting close to a parked car, running up the side and they definitely churp away. I haven't adjusted anything in that respect. I'll have a look at the screens.

Are you seeing the image of the proximity on the screen overplayed on top view. I ask this incase they didn't plug them in, in the build. You should see orange markings on the screen.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi if you don't have park assist you don't get front sensors I have top view but don't have park assist and no front sensors. I asked dealer if you get top view if you get front sensors they first stated yes then confirmed no and the only way to get front sensors was to have park assist.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gwagen - thanks for clearing that up. Still a bit ironic that you have to pay for Park Assist, which parks the car itself and then gives you manual parking sensors on the front.

Tell - assume you must have Park Assist then?

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Just having a think about those who've specified the top view camera option. The camera can't be that good because it always shows the colour of your car as grey!

Now that reaaly would confuse those who debate if the car is Bila or Nevada white :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Jack. Yes I got park assist. When I ordered it in June in the pre launch the dealers knew nothing about the car, you just had the online brochures, price list, configurator, YouTube videos and how it worked on VW cars, you were on your own. I bought everything apart from the tow hook. I haven't used park assist yet to park the car assisted since I don't want to loose those skills but understood it gave you full ultrasound.

I haven't looked yet to see what bits of the packages I don't use to see what could have been dropped, just had a quick look I'm feeling comfortable. They seem to come in dollops, some you might use, some you may not, but to get the fruity bits you have to have the dollop, a cunning plan to sell the fruity bits. What's fruity for some isn't for others.

Had a sneaky suspicion that the crowd sourced First Edition was about giving the scientific information to the marketing people of how to construct the packages to maximise profit. Great British public had fun on that whilst Seat UK optimised their offer for profit. Sort of defeats the motoring journists tag that they put on the end of reviews, how to really save money, don't have these options and go for this etc if you can't unpick what you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts